Sunday, September 20, 2009

Honeysuckle Breeze Home Caring Projects


Whewwwww. I am kinda of glad this day is coming to a close. Busy, busy, busy...which I knew it would be. Started out playing tennis with my bud BJ. He gives me shots that make me run. Bad boy.
Got home. Showered and ready to get started on my to do list. I repaired a cabinet door which I have been dreading. Do you see it hanging open. Geez, it had to be fixed.

Managed! check-off the old do-it list. Unfortunately they do not make the parts anymore - not after 15 years..... and I only have three cabinet hinges left. OH no.... will pass that bridge when I get to it. I used two of the five today.


I then moved to the bedroom. I had to move furniture around for the upcoming season change. We are talking 1950's mahogany furniture. Heavy on carpet. I will not go to the gym tomorrow to do cardio. Got enough today.



Yesterday, got two small "pages" done in my Alice composition which I will be submitting to Somerset Studios. I have until October 15....

Here is just a little peak...... Poor Alice was a really sick girlie. That's all I'm saying! You know, cat fights, hanging out with rats, and all that partying. She was pretty sick no matter what Disney says. And I hear through the grapevine that she liked rabbits.... furry little bunnies in rabbit stew. OH the HORROR. OH the trauma. Oh my. Sick little girlie gone bad. Run bunny run.......


Also getting ready for a weekend get-a-away with the girls in November and we will be having swaps: ATCs, ornaments, and recipe cards. I have pieces cut out for the ATCs and have been working on the cross-stitch ornaments each night.....
Okie, dokie, time for dinner, time for rest, time for a cup of decaf! Overall been a pretty good day. I am tuckered out and will sleep really well tonight.

Dinner is calling.

2 comments:

Terri said...

Marlynn, your Alice art is looking fab!..you only gave us a little peek!
Best wishes on your submission too!

Lindart said...

Marlynn, you have such a unique (and hilarious!) way of looking at things. I love your take on Alice in W, and can't wait to see your pages in SS!!