Saturday, January 31, 2009

Giddy Up CowGirls.....Journaling


Well, this Saturday, yes, I did get to create. I worked on the San Antonio visual journaling and got those pages done. Have to get ready for my Indy pages. I had fun with the pages and went back and added rub-ons. I like to use the fancypantsdesigns. On San Antonio I used the "aged florals." They are great rub-ons to work with since they transfer so well.

I enjoyed working on the "Cowgirl" page. I had started this earlier and added the "scrabble" letters to spell out my quote. Added a floral rub-on around my cowgirl just to "pretty her up." I know, the gal didn't need it but whats a gal gonna do some days when you have a bad hair day and hat you select is just a little manly. The flower in the right hand corner is a Prima "Artful Collage" flower. Love this collection since I usually don't use the prima flowers.

My friends, Korie and Jenny, are addicted to them. Really. I mean seriously addicted to them. I have never in my life seen such a collection. Yes, I do believe an intervention is in the works for the next time we get together to crop. Hopefully, there might just be a Prima Flower Anonymous Group somewhere in the area.


On the inside of the Cowgirl page, I added a transparency of the River Walk in San Antonio. We had New Year's Eve dinner at Casa Rio. Too die for.... The food was so tasty.

As I searched for the restroom I came upon an incredible room with stuffed animals and old photos. I whipped out the camera and started clicking away. One jewel was the German "Prosit Neujahr!" tag. Of course translated is Happy New Year. Many Germans helped settle San Antonio so I used the image on the page with the Menger Hotel.


That image of the room would almost make a vegetarian out of you for sure. You certainly wouldn't want to eat the wild boar I saw -- he looks really mad. Think his meat would be tough?



The last page of the San Antonio journal are photos. While walking the River Walk I happen to come upon the statue of Saint Anthony. I had one "gold" dollar coin left from my Christmas bonus and left it at his feet under some quarters but I see it sticking out.... Lynn and I had our photo taken in front of the Alamo on the day of the All American Bowl. I really liked the bowl game more than I ever imagined. I do believe that was my first time in a pro football arena. I've gotta lose 5 pounds, folks.

Speaking of pounds, off to have dinner and read instructions for hooking up my Wii. I may (and I said may) still work on another project -- the awesome "Neglected Murderesses" calendar. Remember - I have to decorate February. Oh boy! However, I am nursing a cold and am kind of tired right now.

Enjoy your evening! Like I said, I am trying to take care of a cold I brought back from Indy. It is now in its ugly stage. I won't go into the story. I am being kind to you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I live by my Prima mantra, "More is Good, All is Better"!