Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year one and all



A new year was born at midnight last night. In our Story Time it is Tea Time. Tea at the Empress. Not necessarily one of my favorite pages - but it's OK. The lace at the bottom of the page is from my Grandmother's lace stash I found in my mother's cedar chest. I love their old lace!


The quote on the facing page is "Every action of our lives touches some chord that will vibrate in eternity."

How true and how important to remember.


The next two pages deal with "Legacy" and memories. The quote on the facing page goes, "Memory is a way of holding on to the things you love and the things you are, the things that you never want to lose."



On New Year's Day, I like to do a review of the past year and also to make some resolutions for the upcoming year. Not necessarily all the resolutions about giving up stuff - but resolutions that hopefully will make me a better human being. As with all of us, sometimes this works, and sometimes it doesn't. At that time I just pick me up and shake and start all over again!

2 comments:

Boutade said...

"Pick me up and shake" hee! I love it. Where you get your zany ideas, who can tell? But like wow Scoob, I think it's interesting how you don't like this piece as much, and yet look how nice it is! Happy New Year Hexe, may your ovens always be warm!

Anonymous said...

Oh my Petit Poucet, rest assured the ovens are warm and awaiting your visit! Happy New Year back to you and yours.....