Saturday, January 17, 2009

Sewing Saturday


I was going to start this post out about the projects I have planned today and also my dinner plans with my nephew pup and his parents. However, before starting this post I happened to check my email and low and behold L sends me one that begins with something like this:

" Mic…Cee Ya Real Soon…key…Y? Because We Like You...MOUSE."

At this point, I do not realize there are photos attached. Get my drift? Once viewed, I told her Oliver needed Auntie time for therapy and to bring him over while they go to the grocery store. Oh my... I don't see him smiling!


OK back to post. Today I plan to get the sewing machine out and finish the Asian pillow that was a Christmas gift. Yes, I took it over to her when I gave her a gift certificate for a massage... so she was happy to get the pillow in time for Chinese New Years! Life is good.

Next item of business is to TRANSFER (oh oh) these two images using the iron (YEA) onto two black T-shirts. I'm sure this will not be as scary as an image transfer using gel - saving that one for tomorrow. I found these transfers at Michael's. They also have some others for "white" Ts - one I was really drawn to: "Make it Work" - love it - you go Tim! If you don't watch Project Runway don't worry about figuring that one out!


And finally, a suggestion to my Crafty Chix friends with little ones (or not): Hansel & Gretel will be playing at the Industrial Strength Theater January 31-February 15. Check out their web site. The Elden Street Players Theatre for Young Audiences is so much fun for kids (and adults). I have mentioned this before.... Yes, Loren, Patricia, and I plan to attend on February 14 at the early performance. We plan breakfast out prior to the 11:00 performance. Maybe I'll see some of you there. I know Loren will be ready to get her autographs to put in her Stage Door Album!


and finally # 2 (I can never seem to just say "goodbye" -- sounds like a country song comin' on here), we got "snow" this week - if you can call it that. Nope, I am not asking for a big snow fall. My little bugger can't drive through it like my Forester could. My Forester could drive through anything but Z Buggy is only a few inches off the ground and you can imagine what happens when I try to drive thru any snow "drifts" 6 inches or higher..... Yes, I'm whining. Happy Saturday!

1 comment:

~*~Patty S said...

Too sweet in the Mickey ears! Your pillow turned out beautifully, the back is also really special!