Wednesday, January 7, 2009

San Antonio Visual Journaling

Here is the "Before" page done at home prior to traveling to San Antonio last week........ (just a little editorializing here since you are now prepared to see the "after" page)...



TA DUM.................Just got my first page almost done for my visual journal and stuff from San Antonio. It was hard working on this journal either on the plane going, there, or on the plane coming home. It is completely different when traveling alone versus with your colleagues from work. BUT, I gathered items to use in the journal as the days went by. (As a side note - I took some DVDs - watched (1) The Mist - excellent Stephen King - and (2) Cloverfield (you see part of its packaging on this page) which I have not watched - but I like so love the look of the "sticker" that was on the Cloverfield case that you see below in the almost-finished page under the chipboard letter "t.")






The project on this page that I worked on was the accordion tags which I ended up using eyelets to close some of the pages and so it really isn't an accordion anymore.... I had a goody bag which was source of fun images. This "box" was compliments of Sportslink which sponsored the U.S. Army All-American Bowl. The purpose of my trip to San Antonio was to work our board meeting at this event. We (the office) is a sponsor of the U.S. Army All-American Marching Band which performed at the Bowl in the Alamo Dome on Saturday.




On the "accordion" tags I used images from the box that held chips, salsa, sweets, and water. I need to add stuff/journaling to these tags and jazz it up but as we know this is a work in progress!



As you might have just guessed when spying the photo below -- I love this next photo - this dandy squash is my new Potato Head! I know, I know it might spook some of you out there(Korie)...... but is it not a beautiful little veggie?



Tonight I cooked my infamous "Old People Lips" squash and folks I am proud to say -- it was really good. When I was cutting the squash up, I tasted it and there was a little reminder of a raw turnip but softer in texture with a bit of sweetness - pear - not sure - but good. I did not use the recipe I found online which called for it being cooked in a skillet with olive oil. I went on and put it in my roasted veggie mix and baked it in the oven. My recipe calls for green peppers, red peppers, zucchini squash, onions, olive oil, bake for 20 minutes in oven at 350 degrees stirring occasionally. I added the Chayote Squash and some minced garlic to the mix and it was great.



I love the little Perdue "right portion" chicken breasts - (especially the Italian spice ones) - cooked that and put on top of veggies, added a little soy sauce - deeelish.....if I say so myself without sounding like I'm bragging. So now with a cup of coffee I am ready to wind down from a busy but good day.


Take care friends, family, and strangers! The Honeysuckle Breeze is gently blowing the rain around and temps are dropping a little. But no snow or ice! Thank you, thank you, thank you.......

I really can do without the nuisance "stuff" where it spits and gets slick. I so hope all those in the Northwest and especially the state of Washington are taking care with all of the snows, rains, and now the anticipated floods that are getting ready to hit. God be with you as you battle the elements.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stop creeping me out with your vulgar old people lips!! I come here to see beauty and be inspired. Instead, I get obscene squash....