Saturday, January 31, 2009

Miss Me?


WOW! I certainly missed you all and I missed my Honeysuckle Breeze. I really did miss everyone and my routine. Seems I have been on the go since Thanksgiving and really have had no time to stop and smell the honeysuckles. But times they are a changin' - yes they are. No trips planned in the near future - my calendar right now says October for a Michelle Ward workshop.

In my last post I told you about a gift I was making for our dear friend Korie - but I would not show you since she reads this blog. Well the shower took place, I missed it, and so here is what I made her..... yes, a little baby bib. I also put other stuff in the box which I know she liked. I just know my Korie. She is due now in about two weeks.

I have not made a baby bib since the 90s. I believe the last one I made was for a great nephew in 99. I have also made cross stitch baby blankets over the years which are always fun. So bottom line - Korie got the last baby bib in the home. Lucky I had one left because when I went to check out some "different" colors - there were literally no cross stitch bibs in the stores to be found. None! Yes, Korie, I washed it before I crossed stitched it. It was packed away in a drawer literally forgotten until the roaming spirits in the universe had me find it and so it was definitely meant for little baby A. I know, not pink, but, hey, yellow is cool.

On my trip out of town I did take a small cross stitch with me to work on the plane. It is the Tower of London I bought at the Tower of London in 2005. Cross stitching is relaxing for me, especially on the plane.

While travelling this time, I gathered my visual journal items. That was fun and can't wait to work with them - soon. This "not creating" is making me a little tense. I am missing it.



If you remember, I travelled to Indy on business and then stayed a few days over to visit my family. I had not seen my niece since 1988. I have only seen photos of her wonderful son. He is like so cool and special. My brother and nephew, Aaron, were also there. It was a lovely time. I gave her the book you all have seen called "Where I'm From" - and explained the photos to her. I think she loved it. Nope, I know she did.

The one thing I also gave her was something very very dear to me. It was time to move it to her. Right before my Mom died she purchased a necklace thru a catalogue and gave it to my Dad. She told him it was the key to her heart and he put it on. She died three months later. He never took it off until he died 16 months later. When he took his last breath my aunt took the necklace off of him and gave it to me. I have had it since March 2000. I did always chuckle when I put it on because I told Mom and Dad they were coming with me to wherever I was headed.

And now, my Mom's only granddaughter has it - and it is the way it was meant to be. She now can take them around with her when she puts it on. Does the photo of the three look like the leaning tower of pizza? (Yes, I'm hungry)...

My great nephew and I ended up playing Wii Sports on Saturday. I love the tennis on it and did go out and buy me one today. I think it might have helped my game on Thursday night. Today I need to get it hooked up. I need to order Wii Fit. I need to lose 5 pounds...... and on and on. It is chilly here and I have a beef stew cooking in the crock pot. I also want to create in my visual journal .... and watch the women's final at the Australia Open. Yes, I know Serena won but I have to see how she took the first set (6 games) in 20 minutes. She rocks!

In closing -- is this photo of Caden not the best. Just a bundle of energy! He was not realllll happy when I got a higher score on one of the "training" tennis games than him. Oh well, baby, sometimes old women rock!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved the gifts Marlynn! You went (way) overboard, and I felt like I would never reach the bottom of the box. I have already washed all of the clothes and they are in her top drawer, ready to go.

The bib was perfect. I love handmade and I'll think of you every time I put it on her.

I really wish you could have been there. Maybe we'll meet up at the May crop???