Wednesday, January 14, 2009

San Antonio Visual Journaling


Been really busy at work and my brain is tired, however, I did work on a page in my visual journal when I got home tonight. Almost time for dinner. I also plan to print some photos of the Alamo I took and will probably do so on a transparency for the next page. Will work on that soon.

Tonight I didn't feel like printing photos. I did pull out the "lady" out of my clip art transparency stash. I also need to make this page look more San Antonio and not sure how to do that tonight. So you sense a little bit of low energy here? I think it's the weather.

I also worked on the cover for my fabric book and like the way it is shaping up. I haven't had time this week to work on my "image" transfer and will experiment again on Saturday and, hopefully, the advice from Korie the other day will help me out. I am going to master this if it drives me batty. OH yeah, I'm already batty!



I used a piece of Grandma's crochet on the cover. I always admired her handiwork. She tried to teach me how to crochet but I never got into it like I did the cross-stitch or quilting. I also like the fact that it has a few discolored spots that have appeared over the years. It gives it character. I also, once again, loved the material that I received at Korie's workshop this past summer.



I plan to finish the book up this weekend. It is a three-day weekend and I'm ready for it. I would really like to put an image transfer on the cover and that may or may not happen. We will see. I thought I would share a photo of Grandma from the 1980s. Many times she did not smile when her photo was taken but here it is almost there! She was a very very special lady. You have seen the younger photo of her in previous posts on the fabric book.

Need to get supper. It is suppose to be really cold tonight. Everyone -- bundle up!

1 comment:

Annette said...

She didn't smile because she didn't like her teeth. I remember that dress.