Monday, January 12, 2009

Christmas Past

My dear neighbors, Joe & Jenny, taped a photo to my door from Christmas Day. I shared the day with them and we all lunched out in splendor and filled ourselves with ham, garlic mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, hot buns with melting butter, dessert - oh no, I just put on 5 pounds thinking about our feast.



OK, I digressed a little. The photo is one I just LOVE. Shows our Irish Leprechaun in all his splendor with a lovely photo of Oliver and yellow ducks! A year ago when Oliver was but a 10-12 week pup, Joe went over to Larcy and Phil's everyday and walked the little bugger introducing him to all the neighbors and school kids. Joe comes to the states several times a year when he is not working his tour bus. We all absolutely love Joe and are happy that Jenny lets him come back. Every once in a while when Joe is not minding his diet or getting in trouble, Jenny tells me she is sending him to my place. He also has a key to Larcy and Phil's place so he won't get cold sleeping on a park bench.



Joe's photo of Oliver is different than the one I received for Christmas. I love both photos. My photo is now in a place of honor next to my dearly departed Cricket. I really will probably never post about Cricket - his death was way too hard on me although it was 4 years ago. Since his passing, I made up my mind that there will never be a beloved pet living permanently in my home. However, Oliver can come over and stay for periods of time when his mom and dad are out of town. . . well, kind of, I told them I don't walk dogs in the middle of winter. However, I will feed, love, and let Oliver sleep in my bed as long as they find someone to walk him. When Joe is in town, that will work out perfectly!



You will see in the photo above of Joe and me, I have the infamous Lizzie Borden apron on. Although Larcy gave me a beautiful royal red crown apron (along with other stuff including cool cigar stickers!), I didn't want it to get dirty when cooking. I know that will pass but it was like still new on Christmas Day and I have cooked in it since that time. Interesting note here, last week Oliver went on a day trip to West Virginia with Jenny and Joe. That dog really has a hard life doesn't he?

No comments: