Sunday, January 18, 2009

Slowly getting stuff done!


Oliver did come over yesterday and stayed longer than a grocery store visit. His mom and dad went to a movie, so little Oliver and I did chores together. We cleaned the kitchen, straightened up the living room, cooked stew, went for a walk, helped find things Auntie forgot she had, search closets. Oliver was one busy little boy yesterday to say the least. By the time his Mommy and Daddy got home and then all came back for dinner and he stuffed his little belly - he literally started trying to fall asleep while chewing on a little chew-bone. Yes, just like a little toddler.


I did get the two iron on transfers on the black t-shirts. The Queen one worked great, the "white" as you can see transferred beautifully. I'm not really crazy about the Project Runway iron on - BUT it works - white did not transfer as well as the "Queen" did. These Ts are fitted and so are smaller than the usual t-shirt sizes. I don't believe the Project Runway will work as a birthday gift so I will keep it. But it was fun and I managed it while Oliver was trying to eat the pine cones as fiber. I forgot I even had them. So between sewing and ironing the transfer I chased Oliver all over the place trying to get them out of his mouth (after I took the photo, of course). All I got out of him was, "Got fiber?" "Oops, found fiber in the closet!" "Run, baby, Run - she can't catch me!"


Got the pillow sewn using Asian fabric for the back of it. Now just to get the fiber-fill out to stuff the pillow. No way was I doing that with Oliver hanging out.


He managed to find the "severed arm" of the dog toy he and his daddy mutilated the last time they were here. Yes, I chased the little bugger around and around the dining room table before tackling him and getting the arm out of his mouth. After that, I managed to get the arm sewn back on just in time for he and daddy to take the poor toy on again. But, I am happy to report, no damage done to toy and it held up under the Oliver/Daddy tests for durability.



Today, I am working on a baby shower gift. Found a beautiful box for the gifts to go in.... I am making one of the gifts so I then had to find some coordinating items to go with it. Vague, yes, but the mommy reads this blog. I can say -- I don't do gift registries..... no fun. I like to theme a gift and when I am in the middle of the "themeing," I have to see and touch the items, especially if I am making one of the gifts. I guess my visual journal and image transfer on fabric will have to wait until tomorrow. HOLIDAY! So we will start early in the morning ...... transferring or not! *wink* *wink*

Oh yes, I found this adorable berry heart at Targets. Not sure what I'm going to do with it just yet..... Will figure it out. Sorry, girlfriends, they only had one and I bought it! So if you go to the Target in Sterling, it is gone, gone, gone. Sorry, again. (No, I'm not.... just happy I found it after most of the world did since they had only one left.) Listening to the radio while driving and doing chores -- the festivities of the inauguration in downtown DC have begun. I saw more planes headed for Dulles airport than ever before at this time of the day. Could have been the private jets since they are using one of the runways as a parking lot out there. Let's all have fun and enjoy the action. I don't believe I have looked this forward to an inauguration since John F. Kennedy's and I was only in junior high then.

No comments: