Sunday, February 7, 2010

Two More Alphabet ATCs in the Honeysuckles

I'm back for a short post to show you what I did get done today in the creative realm. The weather outside was warmer and the sun was out trying to soften up those 34" of snow. I promised by brother I would not pick up a shovel (he gets a little snarly since I had an aortic valve replacement 5 years ago... ok it was open heart surgery BUT I feel great with my energizer St. Jude valve). So, I took my dustpan outside in search of muscular boys to help clean my car. Yes, that is my car in the top photo and believe it or not, Phil and I had to clean the back side to make sure we could find my license plate to make sure it was my car.

Yes, Phil, my buddy, said he would clean it off and would not take my money. Found out later at his place for dinner (he is the daddy of Oliver) that not only him but about three others had a block party in the condo parking lot with a few beers and started digging cars out. Sounds great to me since I was one of the beneficiaries of their good deeds. BLESS you! Oliver's mommy made a great dinner and we started watching the Super Bowl..... Oliver, of course, joined in the festivities. I do believe at this point he was helping Queen Latifah sing God Bless America..... he is so talented and I am very prejudiced.

Back to why I'm posting.... I did get two more alphabet cards done. I first mentioned to you, in one of the many posts the last few days (they melt together), that I kept some labels from cans of tomato sauce and paste used for the chili....


First ATC card I worked on today was the "V" which stands for vestal virgin. Layered the label on the card, sewed left over red ribbon, added the word "dream" two buttons and two rhinestones. Sewed cotton lace added an image from Itkupilli's Zombie collection over Mica. Cut out my "v" and used my label maker to spell out "vestal virgin."

The second ATC was a little bit more "tame" and we just called her "Diva" for lack of a better phrase. There wasn't really room, I did get a little carried away as I do sometimes. YOu know, like more is better - wish I would learn.... Covered a card with my tomato label. Collaged the background with a bit of a gold cigar box label, 7gypsies gaffer tape, black German foil, a cat charm, a key and an image from ARTchix Studio ATC creativity kit. Added a brass angel wing to her costume and because I had glued a cigar wrapper to her dress than took it off leaving an ugly white spot.... I so glittered that dame up with stickles. So here is to the Divas in our life, when in doubt, glitter them babes.

Here are the other two cards in the alphabet collection if you are new to reading this blog:


Good night boys and girls, I am kind of tired tonight and need to get back to the Super Bowl. The Federal Government is closed tomorrow so the plows can get to our side roads and then on Tuesday we will probably be getting back to normal. Nighty night!

5 comments:

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

You found your car AND got it unearthed Hooraah!!!
Precious Oliver!!!
Your ATCs are wonderful, your details are such a delight ... great inspiration with your wings ... do I feel an alphabet series coming on, oooo you!
Yay Saints!!! how nice you get tomorrow to play too!!!
oxo

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I just read this after writing a comment about you going to work tomorrow. I'm glad to hear that. I'm going to take an art day, too. Wow, you've been a busy gal. I can't keep up.

I'm crazy insanely delighted that you posted those two tomato can background ATCs (did that make sense?). It gives me an idea (yep, I'm planning to copy your beautiful designs. There, I admit it) to finish my altered recipe book. Thanks for the inspiration.

Debby said...

You sure have been busy during the storm. That is one huge snow ball..lol..Oliver is just the sweetest little guy. More beautiful art. WHO DAT!!!! The Superbowl was awesome...Can hardly wait to see the parade tomorrow...exciting stuff.
debby

Diane said...

I love the idea with the can labels--I'll have to try that for something!! Great pic of your car (I would never have known)and Oliver too :)

*iTkUpiLLi* said...

I love all your ATCs, very creative, the labels look so fun and cool.

I so miss snow, I'm from Finland and now living in Southern California. ;)