Monday, February 8, 2010

Life Lesson # 1 - The Breeze is meditating..

No, boys and girls, I won't go all zen on you- nope, not just yet. First of all I have the day off on the this Monday due to our snow fall and everyone still digging out on all the side streets.

Second, I am getting ready to immerse myself in creating a tag triptych at PaperWhimsy and so will be a little busy later on......



And third, I have a birthday on Friday, February 12. I will be turning 63. Not a monumental birthday -- those happen with an ending of "0" or "5" -- but another year older and wiser? Not sure on "wiser," but I am going to share my life lessons with you this week. So fasten your seat belts, kiddos, and listen to a tale or two....

Today, Lesson # 1: All Girls Wanna Play Dress Up - No Matter What the Age

Age 5:

Age 10:

Age 19:

Age 37:

Age 57

Age 60


61:


and 62:
Always remember, boys and girls, no matter what your hair color is -- you wear the dress - it doesn't wear you! No matter how old you are, take control and go on a ride on a magic carpet. It will liberate your spirit and soul for your life journey. We all have to walk through it piled high and deeper so we might as well have fun. There will always be the good and the bad days. But, if you wake up breathing that can only mean one thing - you are still alive. Hmmmmm, or not, I was just watching Ghost Hunters and let me tell you.....

Nope - we won't go there -- Tomorrow's lesson -- Friends Forever..... back to creating and meditating.....



6 comments:

forcryeye said...

You are divine. I will be sure to always dress up! I am so happy to hear you got a snow day! I am hoping for one tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

I love your attitude, Marlynn! You are, as SARK would say, a wild, succulent woman who lives a juicy life. In advance, I send you a salute and a birthday hug! My hubby's b-day is on Valentine's Day -- you Aquarians are amazing, artistic people!

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Wonderful post you wild woman you!
Happiest Birthday Week, Month and of course THE day!!! You are definitely 63 years YOUNG!
oxoxo

Debby said...

Oh you are so much fun! Love your post and love dress up! I am wishing you the happiest birthday ever, my sweet friend.
xoxo
debby

Terri said...

Honey, I think you have been sitting in that chair too long! (just kidding...).

I love seeing your photos, you are really beautiful. And I know for a fact that your beauty is NOT only skin deep, but goes right to your heart. I hope that you have a fab birthday and feel truly celebrated.

I love to dress up, and my daughter is the queen of dressing up (she has 30 wigs!)
I saw your ATCs below and they are total creativity! Great job on each one dear!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I can't seem to keep up with you. I finally made it to Life Lesson #1 and enjoyed watching your life unfold over the years. When I saw all the photos, I said "WOW, Marlynn has aged gracefully." And you don't show your age in the least.