Friday, February 5, 2010

The next "Blizzard" in the Breeze

Now gather round Auntie M, boys and girls, I wanna tell you a little story.

(OK, this photo makes me look like I weigh 300 pounds, which I don't but it was the way I was lookin' this morning staying warm in the Breeze. And, I was the one who use to chuckle when my Grandmother scurried by in her houseslippers and white socks? OK I was 20 something and, for the record, my mother never wore anything this ridiculous.)

Back to my story, little ones.... They say a blizzard is coming - who knows, most likely the Weather Geeks are getting a little too excited. However, it is 1:40pm on a Friday and I am at home with the snow falling and not wearing the outfit I started out in this morning.... There may be several posts today to see how right they are gonna call this stormbaby. The forecast: 18"-24" of snow between today and tomorrow. The Federal Government closed down at noon in anticipation of employees having problems getting home. It was the right call. We have learned the hard way in this part of the universe.

Here is a photo from this morning at 9:30 am. The problem is we still have snow on the ground from Wednesday and "piles" from both Wednesday and Dec. 19. Remember when looking at the photo below -- it was NOT snowing yet....


So this baby storm should be fun..... Goyle, Sr., noticed snow flakes on his head at around 12:00 noon. As the Weather Geeks stated the snow (it was those really tiny flakes) started right on time at 10:00 am. OK - 1 for Geeks.


Whenever it snows, I want good ole tomato soup. Well, this was Healthy Choice Tomato/Basil soup along with some multigrain chips. Life is good right now. And we are hunkered in. My goals for the next few days are: 1) Do an ATC card for my PaperWhimsy group called "Fairy Whimsies in the Garden;" 2) Do at least one ATC card in my alphabet collection (already have F for Fairy and W for Woodlands); 3) Begin my PaperWhimsy Tag Triptych for a swap; and 4) Begin one more ink blot little person (done two already). So let's see what I get accomplished by Sunday evening! Will be back with you later on and maybe we can have a cup of tea together!

3 comments:

Annette said...

From the bathroom, (cleaning the toilet!) my hubby yells, "Well, as long as they close down they can't do any harm!" I hope you enjoy your blizzard!

Debby said...

Sounds like you are having loads of fun hangin' in the breeze. Hopefully the geeks are wrong, but at least I know you will make the best of it. LOve you soup cup!!! MMMMMM...good.. stay warm, stay safe. keep us updated..
xoxo
debby

Terri said...

It sounds like you are in for the weekend. Here is Raleigh, we are just barely above the freezing point and it has been pouring all day.
I too have heard the predictions for D.C. not too good : ) but great for getting art done!
You have quite a list of projects. I can't wait to see your ATC! I hope to do mine this weekend too. I also want to finish my new curtains for my art room and start a banner, oh, and a Chatelaine too!
How fun!
Keep warm and snug!
Hugs,
Terri