Monday, February 22, 2010

A = Amour in the Honeysuckles

As I was cleaning up my little creative creation space last night, I happened on the image of a purple arch from Itkupilli Arches & Angels. Heart skipped and I knew I had to use it. The purples are so royal. I then found the image of a young lass I had printed onto canvas. This image is created by Janet Janson. Her digital collage sheets are fun and I'm not sure she is still doing them. I can't seem to find a link for them. So I added a key and a little bit of bling and there you have it! Was way to quick to create - kind of scary.....

As I have mentioned before, I have been going through all of my old magazines ripping and tearing out articles that I want to refer to later and also use for creative ideas. A friend of mine gave me a "Camping" journal - no kidding - that someone gave her. I took it right off her hands, added a few items and began to create this:



Originally there was a camp fire peeking out you. Oh no, no more.... I cut up an ad for Somerset Studio's Somerset in Love. One of the most beautiful publications from Somerset. Check it out.


I just used my Elmer's glue stick and have been gluing away... and away on me the pages and everything else!


The photo above may apprear a little weird but I want to be careful with other's art work that have been published. Most of these pages have been taken from the Stampington & Company magazines. The most wonderful inspirational magazines around! Well, I need to make dinner, get ready for the Olympics and decide on the next ATC card..... It is rainy here but NOT snow! Sorry, my Canadian friends.... yes, USA did win the Men's Hockey game! You have to admit it was exciting. I'm also so happy Bode Miller has cleaned up his life. He was such a basket case four years ago at the Olympics majoring in drinking and partying - and no medals. His gold, silver, and bronze are impressive this year. Enjoy the evening.

3 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your lovely ATC astounds me. That key is adorable. I want it. OK, I want one like it. I would use it to make a mold for polymer clay.

I'm glad you took something you really love and will use. It boggles my mind that people take things, then never use them. And that magazine really IS beautiful. I've seen a couple of issues and it is so vintage-y.

Terri said...

Your purple arch ATC is fab! I double clicked on it so I could see it up close. The little gemstones work so well, also the cutouts and the key. I love it!
You do such a fab job on all your ATCs!
The camping journal is having a Marlynn upgrade! FAB!

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Such great use of materials and treasures M!
Love arches so much and purple and WOW your ATC is fab!
Cleaning up sure can uncover some great stuff ... I should probably do it more ;)
oxo
p.s. soon we will have Olympic Withdrawal...my doodle collection keeps growing