Saturday, February 20, 2010

Terra Cotta Warriors in the Breeze

Just got back from viewing the Terra Cotta Warriors at the National Geographic Museum in Washington, DC. WOW - really fascinating. Don't know if the exhibit is traveling - you could google it and find out. Worth the trip to see it. And yes, don't ask, I was rubbing his butt three times for luck... I think he is smiling.... Hmmm, I'm looking a little frumpy here. Do you think it has anything to do with the ice cream I had to finish off last night so it wouldn't tempt me anymore? Hmmmmm.... ice cream good terra cotta man.... ice cream good.


Am now getting ready to head for a crop with Oliver's mummy. In the meantime, I have been working on the next two Alphabet cards while watching the Olympics the last two evenings. Not done yet, most likely the final product will be ready to show you tomorrow. Please remember that I am showing you images only laid on paper I think I will use. This paper was from an issue of Somerset Memories designed by Joy Hsieh. The more I looked at it, the more I liked it. The first card will be the "T" = And baby makes Three.... (these images are once again from Itkupilli):


The second one will be for "L" = Lessons Learned.


Well, I'm off. You all have a good evening and thanks for stopping by the Honeysuckle Breeze. See you tomorrow. Sorry this was so quick..... but I did want to see you today!

5 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm glad you posted this. First, I love both these layouts. They are not finished, I can tell. How do I know? Because they aren't packed with goodness and loads of bling.

I was happy to see the Terra Cotta Warriors. I saw photos of ones in China. There were hundreds and hundreds, and were just discovered not many years ago. It was a fascinating read.

Diane said...

I would love to see that exhibit--I love this kind of stuff. The cards look good--I know they'll be great when your finished--you have that touch. My favorite is the T image.

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Hoping the Terra Cotta Warriors stick around awhile! We are lucky to have such exhibits so close!
Great use of the background papers and the perfect images too of course!
oxo

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

meant to also mention you and Mr Terra Cotta look cute together! ;)
oxo

Terri said...

Oh, I see you got to see the Terra Cotta Warriors! Good for you! I wish I could have been there with you. :(