Monday, May 18, 2009

Scrapbooking in the Breeze


A quick post tonight since I have to get ready for Julie's online workshop called the Layer Love. Can't wait!

As I mentioned yesterday, this past weekend I focused on my Paris Photo Sleeve Album. Here is a shout out to Stacy Julian! Thank you where ever you are! Stacy's books have been a godsend to me in managing to work on this albums. I have to admit that without reading Stacy's two books, PhotoFreedom and The Big Picture, I would have been at a loss to get these albums done as quickly as I have. I was able to get the London Album done in record time. With that experience behind me, the Paris book is going very quickly. I cannot believe how many pages I got scraped this weekend. Here are a few:


Ahhhh, the hotel where we stayed. I decided to use stamps and some clip art.


I used some green paper and then used an overlay of swirls on a transparency sheet. Love the effect. That is my little Harley playing on the stair rail by the small elevator inside the lobby.


I have to admit this layout is one of my favorites. I ended up using rub ons and clip art. Some close ups:


I thought at first - the background paper was too busy. I changed my mind after getting the layout just the way I wanted it. The clip art on this page is from ArtChix. The flower is on the outside on the plastic sleeve.


The clipart on the above page is small and in both the right and left had corners. Well, this is what I am going to leave you with tonight..... need to run and get dinner. Enjoy. I will be loading more of the pages I finished as the week goes on. Will leave you with one last photo. I love rainy weather and this weekend we had some storms move into Harper's Ferry over the mountains. Loved the sky!


Hello -- Dorothy and Toto!

1 comment:

forcryeye said...

I love your pages. Is there really such a thing as too busy? Really? Ha ha. I may have to go to the artchix site now, I haven't been there in a while. Thanks for the inspiration girlie!