Monday, May 4, 2009

Rolodex in Honeysuckle Breeze

OH boy, got my last two cards done for my swap over at paperwhimsy. Hooray. I really loved this since I started a Rolodex just over a year ago. These will be fun to receive in the mail. I have used a general theme in these cards.....

One letter - making a four letter word. You have to use a paperwhimsy image and a paperwhimsy embellishment. As a reminder, my first card was "D" for Doll and the second one was "N" for Nest. You also have to do the backside of the card with "artist" info. I used my "avatar" over on the forum page and then added one other image plus a dictionary page defining the word I was working with.

Here is my third entry: "C" = Chic. I love these two gals and used pink wings. The background is from my downloaded paperwhimsy sheets and is part of what I call her English Cottage series. I printed all of these out on Vellum the first time and then went back and reprinted on poster paper.


The backside has the same image with a "bow" and "shoe" from other image sheets.


My fourth entry is: "P" = Pout. I debated about that word since it has a negative connotation at times but it is a funny word to me. When I was a teenager I was arguing with my dad and stormed upstairs and slammed my door. I then stewed and came back down to argue the question again and, once again, stormed up the stairs to my room. After stewing the third time and marching back downstairs, my dad said - You really have to learn how to "pout." You storm upstairs, slam you door, and DON'T come back down because you have to remember you are not talking to me." Geez Dad - that's no fun!



Hmmmm..... Little girls really know how to pout! That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

2 comments:

forcryeye said...

rolodex never looked so good! xo

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

great rolodex cards, what a fun swap!

you're such a tease on your other post you had me leaning wayyyy into the screen for a peek ;)