Sunday, May 17, 2009

Back in Honeysuckle

Got back today from my Craft Chix weekend. Will do a short post and then update you during the week on our weekend activities. On my way, I just love all the choices one can make. Eeeny, meeny, miney, mo - which way should I go? OK, I had my little bossy GPS, Lola, with me. She does not let you get lost - not on purpose anyway!



This time we were in Harper's Ferry at the Quality Inn. Nice place! Love this group and have so much fun with them. This time I swore I was going to work on one project and not get side tracked with the wonderful demos and art making technique Beth was doing. She can really inspire me at times with her art work. Absolutely incredible - I know the word is over used sometime - but I mean it. Amy is attaching a pink corsage that Suni brought us all. She managed to get it on Beth without injury!

Louise asked that we (if we wanted) help decorate her studio by taking a chipboard bird or house and decorating it. The birds kept multiplying! So much fun. I loved them all. Louise's bird was all in pink and was such an art chix! This was our inspiration..... She set the bar high!



Photo is faded for some reason - however, in a group setting, Ms. Birdie is in all her glory with her wonderful friends:


We have from left to right: D = Darlene; White bird was Janine's; Gold leopard spotted was Suni's... Then we have:


from left to right: Pink whimsy = Lauri, Gold fish = Ellen, and Green crown = LeiAnn. Can't wait to see a photo back from Louise to see how she displays the birds. Will post more about the trip on - need to unpack and get craft studio bed clean. Yup, nephew Aaron is coming for a visit next week and he does need a bed to sleep in! He is coming this way since Autism Speaks has invited him to Dover, Delaware for a book signing or something. I only listened to half of what my brother was telling me in the middle of the crafting weekend. Don't tell him, OK!


Louise and Lauri - you were great table mates! Yes, my eyes are closed. Louise is standing and Lauri is sitting. We had a fun time in our little corner of the room!


2 comments:

Terri said...

Lucky you! What did you make???
The birds are adorable!

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Fun catching up with you M! If you got to spend time with the Suni I'm thinking of....you lucky thing you!!!
Your Paree photo sleeve book is great, you had me leaning in close for details :) ahhh Paris!
I am so far behind now in the PW quote challenges....WHERE does the time go! Your creations are lovely!