Thursday, May 7, 2009

Odd Day in Honeysuckle Breeze

Today is "Odd Day" and I think there are several significant things about today.

(1) I'm odd at times and openly admit it. I think I'm normal but some think I'm odd.



(2) AND guess what I'm listening to: "Odd Hours" by Dean Koontz. A great book about "the nice young fry cook with the occult powers is Dean Koontz's most liable creation." Don't you think it odd that I am listening to Odd's adventures on Odd Day?


(3) I make some odd art work at times. A little mayhem never hurt anyone..... maybe...


According to Google:

"For the mathematically challenged, Thursday's date, 5/7/09, is one of only six this century that will feature three consecutive odd numbers. Numbers lovers say the rare occurrence is an excuse to celebrate. "The previous stretch of six dates like this started with 1/3/1905 — 13 months after the Wright Brothers' flight," said Ron Gordon, the Redwood City teacher who enthusiastically promotes these numerical holidays, like Square Root Day on 3/3/09."

What can you say, just another strange factoid I picked up watching TV this morning!

Happy Odd Day wherever you are. Perhaps you are in the Land of Odd vs the Land of Oz? I know -- lame -- very lame -- but it is Odd Day and only 6 happen in this century. Rejoice your oddness no matter what age it was...... Hmmmmm, do you think I was born odd? (this is not a question I will ask my brother.)

2 comments:

forcryeye said...

I love ODD facts like that! Cool. Happy ODD day! Love that lower photo, please tell us who they all are...I am guessing one is you, one your brother?

Debby said...

LOL...This is such a great post. I like odd! Happy Odd Day to yah!
Debby