Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Prom Date in the Honeysuckle



Loren (my theatre partner) went to her last high school prom today. Mom and Loren stopped by the office to show off the beautiful dress she selected to wear. A fashion statement in green and gold. Way to go, Sweetie.

Now, back to scrapbooking Paris..... here are a few more pages which I am going to enlarge so you can see more of the details than the "medium" size of yesterday. This is the Paris Bistro next to the small hotel we stayed at. Had breakfast each morning at this spot. GREAT.... I can smell the coffee now.



What I loved was the fresh flowers each morning. On the metro page, I used a Basic G paper and then used a "spider" web transparency on top. I thought the web looked like a subway gone mad!

On the opposite page I also used the same basic layout... However, I have to draw your attention to the "French" compass. On the outside of the page I put a small "magnifying" glass which dear Beth gave me at our crop..... Tim Holtz gave it to her. How special is that??? She told me he gave her two - one silver tone and this one - gold tone.

I'm still in shock that Beth parted with it... I really am. Thank you, Beth - it made the page!


Also, I have not forgotten my Gratitude Journal - I know my cuz is joining me in this month-long journey. Here is one of the entries. This one was my first one and I even added photos to highlight my "five fab things for today." AND, I got rid of some of the "legs" I have had left over from various art creations. It is always hysterical to me how I am left with the leggings of my creations.

Well, it is getting close to time for the season finale of NCIS! Love that show. Love the head slaps. Love the boys, especially Ducky who I remember from his Man from Uncle days. I was a freshman/soph in college and we would all gather in the student union to watch that show on a Friday night. Ducky was just so European and suave and so easy on the eyes. The boys didn't have a chance against the Man! Ducky - you still rock, baby. Love you. I also love some of the "inside" jokes in reference to his Man from Uncle days.

Enjoy your evening!

No comments: