Sunday, October 3, 2010

India Spice in the Honeysuckles?

OK, yes, it was last Monday since we last spoke. I played catch-up and I have a dead-line looming over my pointy little head. By October 18th I have to have a round robin creation completed and in the mail. I can show you bits of the work in progress but not enough to spoil the surprise at the other end of the postmark.

The theme - India. I know very little about India except for the fact they were a British Colony at one point, they are next to Pakistan, and they do have a nuclear bomb, are a democracy, and one of our dear friends/allies. However, I know very little about India when it comes right down to it.



Thank you, Patty,..... India?...... I have never in my life-ever-like-ever turned my muse loose on India. I have been trying to channel my inner Michelle Ward and my inner Julie Prichard.

WWMD?

WWJD?

What?


My muse is working over time and to my surprise I did fall in love with two travel labels which worked good on my painted page:



But guess what??? NOT India. Crummies, could I pretend Bangkok is in India. India is kind of big? OK, no gold star.... OK, let's try some tea?



Have you figured out I'm working overtime on this one. BUT, I am happy to report it is slowly coming together. I love the Taj Mahal! SMACK! Let's march on out of India to another topic. Last night I tried to slow cook some beans. Beans are easy. I have never messed up a dish so bad I poured it out the same night it was cooked. Yes, straight down the drain. OH my, where is Top Chef when I need them?

So this afternoon I started all over again with a dish I never mess up. Hello .....



Hard Times! This is the best chili ever in the whole wide world. I promise you, my little honeysuckles, the best chili in the whole wide world. In fact I am so sure it is the best, that I have an offer for you, yes you. If you cannot buy this in your area of the country and you want to try it -- just let me know in a comment for this post and send me your address. My email is on the front page of this blog and I will send it to you. No strings attached. Free, yes free. All you have to add to this chili is: ground beef (sorry my dear little vegetarians, I guess you could go without the beef), tomato paste, tomato sauce, one onion, and a tablespoon of vinegar. Just for you my little peeps, just for you! You can slow cook it. Or just cook it on top of the stove.



Well, it is calling me. Add a little sour cream on top, some green onions, some 4-cheese, some Frito's, and you are ready to rock and roll. Hugs and xoxos.

5 comments:

Janet Ghio said...

Okay, I'm gonna take you up on that offer. Never seen this here in Missouri and I love chili!!

Julie Prichard said...

What would Julie do?? Dear lord...roll up into a ball and cry.

I would snap out of it...and hit the google images like these:

http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&expIds=17259,22713,24683,26206,26781,26885&sugexp=ldymls&xhr=t&q=what+do+indian+women+wear&cp=21&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&ei=wzupTPe2Eo-isQO51OyLDQ&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=4&sqi=2&ved=0CDgQsAQwAw&biw=1261&bih=784

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You are a tease. I know Patty will love ANYTHING you make. If I lived where you live, I would slip into a DC news stand after work one day, and find an Indian newspaper. They make super incredible backgrounds and I bet you could find a photo or two to go along with the background!

Yep, I want some of that chili mix, too. Never heard of it before. BUT save it for my "month," please. That will save a USPS posting.

Terri said...

I love what you are showing us so far, beautiful colors and gorgeous labels. I think your India piece is going to turn out fab!
I can't wait to see it when you are done.
Hugs,
Terri

~*~Patty S said...

it just so happens I LOVE the Taj Mahal too

the lady peeking out of the Taj is brilliant especially with the bindhi you added .... details details !!!
oxo