Thursday, October 28, 2010

As the wind comes....... so goes Harley!

Good afternoon, boys and girls -- Harley at the helm here while my mistress is working hard at a convention. We tried to fly into Madison, WI, yesterday in the great wind storm of October 2010 - can you read into this: WIND SHEARS.

Holy cow Bat Man - it was shearing and the plane itself refused to land. But we tried twice to land and aborted the landing twice and flew back to Chicago, Chicago, that toddling town..... and then we had to turn around and catch a b u s to Madison - yes a three hour bus ride but hey we had to get here by hook or crook.

United didn't even try to land those little 55-seater planes until today but we were already here! We love the view from our hotel room is beautiful in downtown Madison,

Obviously my mistress was bored this morning and posed me in a shower cap. GRRRRRR, I have my limits boys and girls but she is paying no attention to them. She woke up way to early this morning thinking it was Eastern Time Zone - way too early.....

Just wanted to stay in touch and also to let you know I may never, ever, never, get out of bed again...... it is scary scary when my mistress gets bored......

Stay safe in all this crazy weather we are having .....

4 comments:

Janet Ghio said...

Maybe Harley could advise me on a laptop. I want to buy one and have no idea what to get--looks like he knows his way around one!

~*~Patty S said...

missed you two
I got green around the gills hearing about your flying adventures YIKES!

take care and come home soon!
oxo

Terri said...

HI Marlynn, So sorry about your flying and busing! That did not sound like fun at all!

I hope your return trip goes brilliantly.

I have just flown home myself. So good to be home, and I am up way too early too!

Happy Halloween dear girl!
hugs,
Terri

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Harley,

You and your poor mistress were tossed around like a tempest. I've been on those very same flights before. In fact, I thought we were going to flip upside down once on my way to Cleveland. Not a good feeling. Hope you held on tight. Bleubeard thinks you should have protested more about the shower cap. What humiliation. But you had a spectacular view, which I'm sure made up for the whole inconvenience. Sorry I've been puny lately. Can't seem to sit too long. Maybe Bleubeard should take over my posts, because you do a very good job while your mistress is at her job.