Sunday, October 17, 2010

Busy Beeing in the Breeze

It is one of the most beautiful fall days today on this glorious Sunday! WOW is all I can say. After finishing my "See India" pages for Patty, I needed to clean up before starting the Mexican pages..... oh my, another stretch coming. I have not only been trying to clean the mess created "in India" but the mess all over the place.

Last weekend I did manage to clean the kitchen, dining room, living room, and my bedroom.

However, the crafty area known in loftier terms as "my studio" is really when all is said and done - "hoarder's heaven" - does that sound harsh. It is probably meant to be.


So after some pretty darn heavy rainfall this last week I looked to the heavens (translated "my ceiling") which is on the top floor of the 4-story condo - surprise, Horders Heaven has a leak somewhere on the roof - gonna have to call the managment company to come and take a look.



Oh Oh

They do have to get in, don't they.... And to top it off I had so much stuff "pinned" to my lovely curtain that it fell down on my computer and my little work area yesterday. Guess you know what I've been doing. Slowly, slowly making some progress and finally, I can say I can call the condo management company tomorrow. They can get in here...... kind of. LOL!


Did manage to take one load of stuff to the Goodwill today and another stack of stuff for a coworker to take to her church scrapbookers! I do this for her about every six months. Sorry I don't have any art work to show you, but at least you have seen some of my progress. Or not! Hugs to all and tomorrow I get to go out and play tennis. Whoop Whoop.



Ok, my little honeysuckles, I am headed downstairs to fix dinner and watch TV and get ready for another busy week at work and a little more "thought" time on Mexico!

4 comments:

Lovey said...

IT'S WONDERFUL THAT YOU ARE MAKING PROGRESS IN YOUR STUDIO! I HAVE BEEN WORKING IN MINE TOO! PROGRESS IS SLOW BUT HAPPENING NONE THE LESS! MANY HUGS...ENJOY DINNER AND HAVE A WONDERFUL EVENING MY FRIEND!

Diane said...

This post makes me smile--when we were gone this weekend-we had to have the whole roof replaced that's over our kitchen dining area, which is a fairly good size, and I have so much stuff (actually--it's probably the most valuable in the house--very vintage and very collectible) Well anyway, I guess things kept falling off the shelves, but luckily nothing broke. It was my daughter's boyfriend who did the work, so he carefully took everything (and that's alot) off of all the shelves--(he's so sweet). My point--everything, I know, had a nice layer of neglectful dust on it, which is putting it mildly--I wonder what he thought :) (We haven't known him all that long either)

~*~Patty S said...

it was a perfect fall weekend wasn't it!

cleaning up ... good for you!

I bet your studio is great place to visit ... my philosophy is ... if good stuff keeps coming out of there ... it's OK whatever it looks like ... my art cave is always creative chaos it seems!
oxo

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Wow, Marlynn. I see lots of creative clutter. I can tell you have done some serious decluttering and hope to see what transpires after the roof repair. After all, that's what that maintenance agreement is all about. Not like those of us who own homes where there are no maintenance staff at the ready!

Love your patio arrangement. It looks really wonderful and autumn-y.