Thursday, October 7, 2010

Playing in the Breeze

Quite a while back (OK, it was only May) I took a technique class with Claudine Hellmuth at Angela's Happy Stamper. (As a matter of fact, Claudine will be back at Angela's on Saturday, October 16!) I love these tags and keep them nearby my work area. I thumb through all 13 of them to get inspired..... on the backside are the instructions to the technique front. Cool - just like my Claudine....

As you know I am trying to spice "it up" with an India creation. So I pulled out a tag and thought, hmmm, do you think you kind of could of....... hmmmm, don't know.

So last night I played, this one is called "CH Studio Embossing on Sticky Back..." Got out some supplies - check! Found my Claudine Hellmuth Studio Sticky Back Canvas, check!

Well, not sure what I did but I just started playing and adding and standing back trying to decide if I liked it, watched Survivor, watched Ghost Hunters, went to bed, and took another look this morning,

What am I gonna do with it? Not sure just yet, but it was fun once I realized I would not be able to get the Tim Holtz Clock stencil to do what it did on the tag. *slap head* *duh* *OK, it was a "blond" moment and I ain't blond, today, anyway. (sorry to all my blond-hair friends)...BUT, that doesn't mean I was disappointed in it, you know what I mean!? How was your latest artful experiments? Hope you have a pleasant evening. It is coming up upon a three day weekend for me and I am excited.

6 comments:

Terri said...

That tag booklet is genius! And I can see that you are working away at creating this India piece....I am so anxious to see it!
A three day weekend!!! Lucky you : )
Hugs,
Terri

Unknown said...

I don't kow what you did, but I LIKE it!

Annette said...

I am really intrigued by what you do, but I doubt I could ever do it. Once I tried to make paper bag leaves with the queen of creativity in Port Aransas Texas. She watched me go through the class doing exactly what she did. My leaves looked like I had cut leaves from a paper bag, spread glue on them, burned the glue off, and then spray painted them with gold paint. Which I had done. So did she. Hers looked like autumn leaves glistening with frost in a shaft of moonlight. I think I am missing a creativity gene the rest of my family got.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

First, I'm not sure if blogger is acting up, or I just missed your post, but I was surprised that you posted several days ago and I just now noticed it.

I have so much trouble with masks. I have no idea how to use them. I have that same one, and have NEVER gotten any results from it. I even watched the TH video on it, and still have no idea how to use them. But, I love what you are making.

Sugar Lump Studios said...

I can't wait to see the rest of your creation! Sounds like it was a wonderful class! :)

~*~Patty S said...

I missed all the pre game entertainment while we were in CA LOL
fun catching up with you ... you really got immersed in India didn't you AND I'm so glad you did!
oxo