Thursday, October 21, 2010

Merrily We Trip through the Honeysuckles.....

Or is that the sunflowers? Yes, I received my Round Robin (Six Players, Six Months" Collaborative Group) pages from Gina and she blasted out the "Sunflower" theme. I wanted to originally name this blog using the word Sunflowers in the title but every time I googled a new "title" it was already used.... Oh No.....

So I went to my second all time favorite flower and smell - the honeysuckles. They have been with me since childhood and each time I catch a whiff of them I am just happy. No other word can describe it -- just happy and not a care in the world.



Bless, Gina, she brought a tear to my eye when she used one of my all time favorite song lyrics:

"I could have told you, Vincent, this world was never meant for one as beautiful as you."

Oh wow, what a story Vincent had to tell. One of my favorite shows that had a Vincent character in it was a recent Dr. Who. Yes, the Sunflower painting was the theme of the story.

Interestingly enough, the background on these two sunflower pages look so much like Vincent's Starry Starry Night. The colors, not as vibrant in the photos as in person, sing to you.

The "Beaded Sunflowers" may well become a framed piece and hung instead of being placed in a book. I have not made up my mind yet. Those beads used as the sunflower petals are made from paper and Utee and embossing powder.

Knocked it out of the ball park, Gina, did since I don't have any doubts that I will never be creating any of those beads and am just marveling at her talent.
And then, Gina included a beautiful tag with the title of both pieces: "Vincent" and "Beaded Sunflowers." The tag is, once again, a work of art:

My heart skipped a beat just looking at the beautifully old buttons Gina used:


And these,
And how was your day? I really hope you had a sunflowerspectacular DAY with the wafting scent of Honeysuckles tickling your nose. Hopefully, see you tomorrow night and let you see the "red" thing I am trying to paint. OH my, oh my! Hugs to all......


4 comments:

Createology said...

Such lovely creations. I love the paper beads used for the Sunflower. Innocence is perfect for this photo tag. Happy Autumn...

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

OHHH! I didn't see the tag before. It is beautiful. Of course, so are the other pieces. Gina does spectacular work. I'm truly impressed.

~*~Patty S said...

Lovely pics of Gina's super sunflowers pages for you!

We are off to such a fine start, aren't we!
oxo

Diane said...

Oooh, I just saw this--I love these--especially that beaded sunflower--she is very talented1