Saturday, October 23, 2010

Splishing & Splashing in Paint in the Breeze

Well, I told you the other day I was painting a "red" thing, and I did. The only "to-do" I need to work on today is getting it a little darker and painting the other side of the watercolor paper.

I signed up for Julie Prichard's Layer Love Class last year. Luckily when you sign up for an online class with Julie - she lets you keep taking it until you make it through. I know a number of you who follow this blog have taken a number of her online workshops. Click on the link above and check out the outstanding variety of workshops she has created. The gal is multi-talented, beautiful, and a joy to follow as she walks through her artistic journey! She is an inspiration to us all.

OK - back to reality -- You know where I'm going with this don't you? Nine lessons - I'm on # 2. Ahhhh, such a driven painter and A-type personality in the painting world - NOT. Even took a class with Michelle Ward on painting stuff, luckily that was a hands-on experience in Wisconsin at Valley Ridge Art Studio. I am one of these individuals that will get excited about a class, sign-up and pay, and have all the good intentions in the world and NOT take it. Dadgumit. BUT, the two lessons I took with Julie on the Layer Love -- I learned a lot and when I am in the moment it is like I am painting with wings. I love it and I feel like I'm soaring. BUT, it is getting to the moment. (hmmm, I am preaching to me not you....).

I need to darken this up a bit today. I painted it with the red and black and some mushy stuff to make it a little more "pushy around the page" - I am so technical when it comes to painting - then added some old book pages, scrapbook paper, and song sheet. I love spraying stuff with water (including myself when water mister pointed wrong way, I am multi-talented).... love those drippy runs (yes, my make-up runs too):


This photo does make it look "lighter" than it is. So back to the old rag....

Need to get lunch. I have to admit I played cardio tennis this morning. When I got in the car at 7:45am - it read 39 degrees. OUCH... when I got to the courts it read 42 degrees - yup, on a roll. Played an hour or so, got back in the car and it read 42 degrees, heat wave, boys and girls, heat wave. But the trees are beautiful here in Northern Virginia -

When I first arrived here almost 31 years ago - it was in the Fall...... what more can you say - this state is spectacular dressed in Fall Foliage! Headed to a play tonight, will visit with you tomorrow and bring you up to date on the office decorating for my favorite holiday - Halloween!


Gertrude sends her love, my little peeps. Happy Saturday!

3 comments:

Janet Ghio said...

Love Gertrude and the beautiful fall trees. I am "taking" the Layer Love class--I completed about half the lessons-not sure if I will finish the others or not!! OH--my chili came today. Can't wait to make it!! Thank you so much!!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I wonder how Harley feels about Gertrude. Glad she's at work, rather than home. There might be some rebelling going on. Layers! Sounds like my kind of class.

Our Saturday was about 80F. Nothing near your "heat wave." I read it is supposed to cool down a bit, though. Love the fall colors in New England. As a rule, we don't get that beauty out here on the prairie.

Julie Prichard said...

ahh....thank you so much, Marlynn! You're the best :)

BTW- I'm with Harley..I would stay in bed until after Halloween too if those characters were hanging around my office!