Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Who is the Gal and Why is She Here?

I want to introduce you to one of my inspirations, Julie Prichard. I showed you a photo last week of my new camera purchase and said it was recommended to me by none other than one of the artists I admire, Julie. However, I did not mention her name in that post.

How did I meet Julie? One of the reasons I started this blog in September 2008 was to participate in Michelle Ward's Street Team Crusades. The very first "crusade" I participated in -- ta da -- I had two comments: one from Michelle and the other from someone called "Lost Luggage." Huh? How can you be called "Lost Luggage" -- well I went to her blog and fell in love with her art work and her blog. I did not (and do not) journal like Julie. I did not paint like Julie. I did not create art like Julie. BUT, I so admired her for her encouragement of other artists out there that I kept following her on her blog. I don't think she has a clue what her comments left on my Crusade posts meant to me. Did I tell her? No. One time I posted a Crusade and thought I had sent Michelle Ward the link (I didn't) and the first comment I had a day later was from --- JULIE. How she found it, I don't have a clue unless she was cruisn' the web and reading my blog. I was so encouraged I kept posting.

Julie has now been published in a number of Stampington publications including Art Journaling and Artful Blogging. Did I tell you before, I love her work. You can read information about Julie on Lost Luggage here. Watching Julie grow over these past two years has been exciting for me. I know we all go through changes, some so subtle that we don't realize it. Julie has talked about her doubts along the way. She has persevered and has now come to this point in her life. She has ventured out doing professional photography, conducting online workshops, and selling her art work. She is a natural teacher and so easy to follow. I would recommend any of her workshops to anyone reading this right now.
I bought this art journal from her the minute it went online. I really like it and am saving it for something... not sure what but it is scrumptious! The bound paper inside to-die-for. She has thanked me in several emails over the year for "believing in her."

I think we all say things on other artist's blogs commenting on their post, their art work, their ventures and we don't know how much weight our words might carry. One word, one gesture, one hug (online or in person) -- we never know what these gestures might mean to another soul out there. This is my thank you note for Julie. I have watched you grow in two years and it has been amazing. Thank you for guiding me in selecting my camera and I hope to make you proud of my endeavors in that venture when it happens. I am going to take a photo 101 workshop at some point.


And, Julie, always remember, I do believe in you!



7 comments:

Julie Prichard said...

THANK YOU, Marlynn! You continue to be one of my favorite web stops.. i appreciate you very much! Always have :)

xo

Diane said...

I love Julie Prichard's work and I've been wondering about her online workshops--thank you for telling more about her.

Debby said...

Ah!! What a great post. I was a little jealous when I first saw your post because Julie got to visit with you and not me! I do not know Julie but I am going run over to her blog right now. You are a true friend.
Luv yah,
debby

Terri said...

Oh Marlynn, you are so kind and supportive! You amaze me with your capacity to love and care for others.
I, too, will go visit Julie. Just because you inspired me to do it.
I love that word "inspired".
You inspire me all the time.
Thank you so much!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I have never been to her blog, but I either have or have seen one of her books. Wonderful post, today dear friend.

Terri said...

I just signed up and I am excited to begin!
Thank you for the suggestion Marlynn : )

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Julie IS a fantastic teacher, artiste, and all around nice person...very much an inspiration!

I could not be more pleased with all of her on line classes that I took, she really delivers and inspires!

What a lovely post!

oxo