Sunday, March 7, 2010

In the Breeze - J = Java Jolt

Yes, beginning with a blank canvas we got one more ATC down and eight to go. Slowly, slowly.... ever so slowly. Finished the "J" in the alphabet this morning before heading out for grocery shopping. I used several of my favorite stamps in this adventure.


This stamp is from "The Queen's Dresser Drawers" -- M 113 Q Man of Distinction. I always enjoy printing him on "coffee paper" - literally.


After emptying the bag of coffee into the canister, I clean it and get it ready to be used either as its own background or for stamping. I love this next stamp and it has special meaning for me. It is from American Art Stamp EM7070G and is called "Too Old."

I stamped her on a lighter paper since she was to be placed on the coffee paper. Now, she is special to me because she was used on the very first card I submitted to Take Ten and was published..... do tell. Never thought that would happen those many years ago. I digress. Back to the alpha card....


While cleaning the other day, I found two of these packets and thought -- hmmm, java and Paris. Yes they go together and I swear some of the best coffee I have ever had was when sitting in a cafe in Paris looking at the Eiffel Tower....... ahhhhhhh.


Got her positioned so her cup was right under his "eye" - and then decided she needed one more thing. Bling under her "java jolt" - every girl needs a little bling in her life.... One hint, I did stamp her using a delicious black ink pad and then used clear embossing powder to make sure she was dark enough to stand out on the card. I was worried she would disappear into it. But we managed..... yea.


6 comments:

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Java Jolt! Brilliant
I actually do those on weekends only usually ;)
Love how you could not throw away your wonderful coffee bag!
You ARE a gal after my own heart!
Great Java/Paris memory too, tfs!
Happy Sunday!!!
oxo

Diane said...

This one has to be one of my favorites, Marlynn--it's perfect. And you were in Paris?!--I can't even imagine that.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You are SO funny. A girl needs a bit of bling! And you're the sister who adds it, I might add. The gal popped out, too, just like you planned.

Speaking of coffee, my favorite is French roast, after I had it the first time at Antoines in New Orleans way back in 1980. I've drank nothing but French roast ever since. Sadly, I have not been to Paris to experience it there.

Terri said...

Marlynn, I love her! You amaze me with how you gather all these things and then Wah-lah! you have a gorgeous ATC!

I have never taken to coffee, funny, since the aroma permeated my house as a kid.
I do though, drink large quantities of Chamomile tea and Chai.

Debby said...

How fun!!! She is the best, love it. I love my Java Jolts. I mean I really love them...lol... Alice was totally awesome.
Debby

Unknown said...

Another great ATC and I love the story behind how you assembled it. It's like a funpark ride through your head. :)