Saturday, March 6, 2010

Y = Yeti Lives in the Honeysuckles

Did you guess -- yes, finally got back to an alphabet ATC today and selected the "Y" -- Why, you ask, don't know, just that the Yeti came to mind when I spied an "informational" tag from an art work purchased several years ago. I so love the image so much that I have just ordered the plaque from Carruth Studios. Go, on, go over there to visit and check out the plaque I bought titled "Garden Smile." George Carruth is a fantastic sculptor and I have had one of his pieces since 1996. That Cat and Mouse piece is the one at the top of this post. I admire his creations and so -- I designed the Yeti to remember Mr. Garden Smiles.....I first started off with a playing card and covered in a dictionary page - the Ys of course.


I then pulled out a packet of paper I call my "white on white stash" and added a bit to the card.


As all of you know, the secret is to layer, layer, layer......



Then cut out the potted plant and "garden smile" gnome. Yes, he did become my darlin' Yeti! And now all we need to do is add the punch....



A little green, a little black, a rusty paper clip and we have "Y = Yeti Lives"


I was happy to use my NEW ATC stamp from Catslife Press which I picked up last Saturday and stamped on an old envelope, glued on the back of the card and we are done......


This Saturday morning I went to see the movie Shutter Island. I loved it and, if you have a chance and like that kind of movie, go for it. Don't let anyone tell you the ending - that is part of the fun of this one! The movie rocked! I will say this, however, they could have cut about 15 minutes out and it still would have rocked. This will be a fantastic cult movie that will be so much fun to see again and again and while you watch you put all the pieces together and then see again and again. Will I get the DVD when it comes out - you betcha ya - and, I have been trying NOT to buy DVD movies..... a special note, I have always loved Ben Kingsley, but oh, Max von Sydow - for a man of 81 you are so cool, really cool! And you, Leonardo, I like your looks when you go unshaven!



6 comments:

Terri said...

There you are! So glad to see you!
Your Yeti card is so amazing! Thank you for sharing your process with us.

My friend went to see Shutter Island last night and she was white when she stopped by my house! She said it disturbed her. I think I would be too sissy to see it myself.

You go girl!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You layer so well. It's always over the top, too. Showing how you layer at each step makes it even more fun.

I love how you keep your white on white stash together. Very clever idea. I might just use that as an organization technique, since I'm all about organizing by color.

I would love to see Shutter Island. Thanks for the bit of promo of it. Makes it even more exciting for me.

Debby said...

I love the Yeti card, leave it to you.

I was wondering about this movie..hmmm...
debby

Diane said...

Okay, you talked me into it--we have been debating whether to go see that movie or not--you know the reviews and all--I have to stop listening to them. I think next weekend, and on Monday, I'm pretty sure, I'm going to Alice. Love that card!!!

Anonymous said...

Two things: I love the ATC -- so much beauty on a tiny work of art. (And I love the Carruth garden sculptures, too!)

Secondly, I am so glad you mentioned "Shutter Island." (I do love scary movies!) I've heard mixed reviews, but remain intrigued -- wish the film had come out at Halloween, if it's as good as you say. And I trust you! Thanks for the recommendation.

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

ah you make me want to see it too with that glowing recommendation...however I am not a scary movie fan ... it disturbs my sleep and I get SCARED ;)

Love your "green man" Yetti card, you do layer layer layer SO nicely!!!