Thursday, March 25, 2010

Another Wisdom from the Aging?

Here we are again, one more day in the Honeysuckle Breeze. You and me, Mr. Harley. Guess my mistress is still MIA and you got me another day. OK, here we go with Part 2 on the wisdom from the aging....

In her book Writing Home, Ms. Cindy has some jewels. Here are a few that jumped out ....

"#9. Ask stupid questions. How else can you learn?"

Have you ever watched a guy-type critter drive lost for hours because they didn't want to ask for directions? Have you decided not to ask a question because you thought it was too stupid? This does not work in lands far away. You really need to step up to the plate and swallow your pride and ask the stupid questions.

You need to learn, boys and girls, that the only way to find your way when lost is to ask. Not that I have every been lost. My mistress finally bought a GPS, we call her LoLa. She is the older model that is really kind of chunky but we don't tell LoLa that, as she ages, she seems to be getting more sensitive about her looks.....



Don't get me wrong, we love LoLa... we really do even if she sometimes stares at computer screens waiting for her latest update to download.... Just remember with or without LoLa, ask the stupid questions, no matter who is around.

Here's another one from our Ms. Cindy,

"#3. Botox and facelifts won't fix a sagging inner life. Love our laugh lines and get over your bald spot."

My mistress is there, yes she is, laugh lines and all...... this is why I ask the stupid questions not her....



3 comments:

Debby said...

You are having fun with this. I love asking questions, sometimes I ask "stoopid" questions just to get a reaction. I think we have all been there for the MAN thing and directions..Grrrrr..
Debby

Anonymous said...

That photo doesn't look a thing like Marlynn ... where did you put her? :-)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I really like these insights into this book. I have never been afraid to ask questions, whether in school, or in social situations. This is an excellent post and great commentary on men not asking for directions. Know some of them, too.