Sunday, March 14, 2010

Musings in the Breeze


Not too many times do I post twice in one day and if I were smart I would save this one for tomorrow - since I won't be posting. . tomorrow is doubles tennis with the girls. Let's start off our musings with a tribute to Taco Bell . (Wanna guess where I had a late lunch today?) I remember visiting my first one back in the early '70s in Oklahoma City. Today I don't go to them as much as I use to - but I still love the crunchy taco supreme and love people watching at the Bell. This was my treat to me because I don't like changing clocks every six months. Yes, I am whining....
I even had to have a second day of tea and cookies and show off my rusty find in the trash! OK, this was musing # 2 and I am still whining. I love Grandma's china and rescued it when it was going somewhere else those many years ago.....



Next item of business was grocery shopping and then I headed upstairs for one last creation this weekend.... Marie once again haunts me. I needed to make a Marie ATC for a friend to send with the Marie stamps I prepared yesterday as a belated birthday gift.

I stared with a card I had experimented with about 5 months ago. It was dark - the background a vellum one laid down with Mod Podge and an image from the Where Women Create website.


It needed some sprucing up.... know what I mean? Sure you do. A little lace, a little bling, a little butterfly.... and she was ready to go public! I can't remember where the pink butterfly came from but it has been around many many years!


I have to tell you all the inspiration for the lacy veil was from Lovey's blog, Fabric Photo Memories, "Beauty Behind the Veil." Thank you Lovey - you helped save this ATC card. Here is "under the veil."
Happy Birthday, Terri - she and stamps will be in the mail tomorrow!

8 comments:

Debby said...

Well you have outdone yourself today! The atc is gorgeous and I know Terri will be thrilled when her parcel arrives. Love Grandma's dishes, beautiful.
Debby

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

I used to Love the Choco Tacos, it's just as well for my waistline that they stopped carrying them in these parts ;)

Wonderful ATC with great fancy trimmings!!!

Your grandmother's crazed dishes are so lovely too!
oxo

Diane said...

I love your Marie card, Marlynn, and it just proves--don't get rid of anything, because someday you'll use it in your art. I haven't been to Taco Bell in a while too..but I just saw a commercial for it, and maybe...

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You are the Queen of bling. That lace was the perfect spring spruce up.

Those dishes are gorgeous. As for cookies, love them. As for Taco Bell, can you say "MEAT?" Tee hee.

Annette said...

Jennie rescued some of Gramma's china for me when they had the yard sale. I love using them, too.

Anonymous said...

Lovely stuff, all of it! That little butterfly on the ATC reminds me of the ones that were attached to the little barrettes I wore when I was a little girl. A sweet memory. And your artwork, once again, is just beautiful.

Terri said...

Oh I love it!!! I just received your lovely package this afternoon and I was so surprised! I hadn't seen this post (which is odd)so I didn't know!
I love the ATC with all the lace, and I love the stamp set you sent me! I am going to make something with it very soon and show you. You are so very thoughtful! Thank you friend,
Hugs,
Terri

Unknown said...

What a lovely tea photo! And your Marie ATC is BEYOND CLEVER! The butterfly is "too-too". Who would have thought that a 1960s-'70s butterfly would be perfect for Marie? I LOVE it!

My "usual" at Taco Bell? The Seven Layer Burrito. Everything in it but their meat (I don't like the seasoning in their ground beef).