Monday, March 22, 2010

In Praise of Shining in the Breeze


Hello, boys and girls, this is Harley here...... and I am taking over posting duties for my mistress who is very busy working. This is good. I need lots of toys and stuff and she is the wage earner since I just look cute. I work hard at looking cute, you know.

Today we are going to review a chapter in Writing Home found on page 286 titled "In Praise of Shining." Ms. Cindy begins this essay with a quote,

"One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar." --Helen Keller

Not to brag, but I know about soaring. I soar all the times in my dreams. However, Ms Cin takes us to a place I call (not her) middle age sludge defined as the act of moving way too slow forgetting that no matter what your age, you to can still soar like me, Harley.

She states, "...very young children rarely hesitate to shine. Most are born with a natural grasp of the Biblical paraphrase, 'Don't hide your light under a bushel.' So when does our God-given enthusiasm start to dim?"

Today, boys and girls, young and old, let your little light shine!



3 comments:

Debby said...

Fabulous post, Harley!!! Keep them coming.
Debby

Terri said...

Harley, you are so eloquent!

Let Marlynn I am catching up on her posts.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Wow, those words are powerful. Awesome. Harley has started off quite well, even if he is a ham.