Sunday, March 14, 2010

Arf Arf in the Honeysuckles

Hmmmm, and who showed up on my doorstep yesterday while mummy and daddy went shopping...... Hmmmmmm. Yes, it was Oliver, my little 4 legged nephew. Here is a trick question. With all those toys and treats, can someone tell me why he always seeks out Harold and tries to undress him? Does he hate that sweater? That is the only thing he goes after and Harold is not necessarily out in public - try my bedroom.... Oh Oliver, you shouldn't be a bully - that is a no-no.....

Well, after dinner, (I had salmon and roasted veggies. Oliver had fresh green beans with a little bit of shavings of ham - that was after his regular diet food.... just a nibble), Oliver and I watched live tennis on the Tennis Channel from Indian Wells, California. OH, look Oliver, Nadal aced one! wooooohooooo.....


OK, I could go on more about Oliver's visit but I'm rambling about one of my fav topics, Oliver.... so back to the blog. I did tell you yesterday that I was headed down to have tea and cookies and then work on my new calender.... Yes, I did have tea and cookies:

For my birthday, my friend and neighbor, Jenny, gave me this bone china - 3 cups, 3 saucers, and 3 dessert plates. It is so beautiful and I was with her when a kitchen store was going out of business years ago - and this was the last of this china in this pattern - can't remember if it was 75% off or not. She knew how much I loved it and gave it to me this year as a gift.


Besides, tea and cookies, I adid work on my blank "canvas" before dear Oliver showed up:


Finished product - sorry, photo a little dark:



I added an post card image I had from "Carte Postale Classic Cats" - Cavallini & Company... a few little jewels, a flower head dress, and some jade complete the look....


And last but not least, a key........... love my keys....




And then to finish the evening, while watching TV with Oliver, I cut out some unmounted stamps which I am sending off as a belated Birthday gift to a friend.

I love these stamps and use them a lot..... as you know.....

Well, need to get lunch, make a card for the birthday gift, clean work area and it is still wet outside on this wonderful Sunday. I really do love gray days! See you later...

4 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Love it when Oliver visits you. I get such a laugh out of him. He is a real ham and you get him to pose so well.

So, are you satisfied with your newly altered calendar? It's certainly lovely.

Debby said...

How sweet is Oliver, I adore him. Typical to go after what really isn't the doggie toy, happens with MAX all the time.

I like your new project and what a beautiful birthday card.
Hugs,
Debby

Diane said...

I love looking at what you do, Marlynn--everything always has just the right touch. Oliver is so cute with your teddy, and I see he enjoys watching TV like Bob too!

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Fun post on many levels, you pack a lot in Lady!
I am a big fan of white dishes (OK, I like all dishes!) but a table set in different white dishes can be really fun!
I'm getting hungry seeing your lovely tea and cookies!
Great use of your stamps indeed!
oxo