Sunday, March 1, 2009

Lazy Wintery Sunday


We had a little snow this morning and gray the rest of the day. We sit here and wait in anticipation to see if the predicted snow moves our way. We don't have a clue. It is as big of a mystery in this part of the country as to where exactly is the Garden of Eden. Yes, it is a mystery.

Worked on several items today. Started with some ATC cards which I have been playing with for a few weeks. Not sure if they are done or not. I had a lovely Xmas card which I used for the background and then cut up my 2008 MikWright calendar. They are crazier than I am but, man oh man, do they have a sense of humor. I just cackle! Yes, cackle is the correct verb. For example, on July 25, 2008, note on calendar, "wine tasting at Costco." OK, why not?

Right now I am not certain if I am done with these two ATC's just yet - since I might want to sew on the cards or add ribbon. On the "I've becoming my mother" I used a Heidi Swapp Ghost Clock - they are cool. The two Road Trip gals are definitely not done. I want to add the words, "Miami, Oklahoma." Yes, there is a Miami Oklahoma:


The third one, I did, I am sending away to a friend. I call her a friend. She is a very special artist who I have had the pleasure of meeting last May in her workshop.



I have been meaning to send her my nephew's book, Finding Kansas, and I also collected some "stuff" to add to a little journey collection box. The ATC card is on top of this collection holding everything in place.




I am holding the book and the collection box together with a big fat black rubber band from the Tim Holtz collection. However, I have not seen these around for a long time and unfortunately they may be not longer produced. Too bad, they were way too cool and I know Michelle will love it. She has another one I sent to her last year.


Oliver came over last night and what would this blog without an Oliver fix! Well, we are still waiting for the precipitation, it is 5:29 pm and nothing in sight. I do believe they blew it again. Which, really is OK, since I will probably have to drive into work tomorrow morning. However, if it is too deep, the VW Bug is low to the ground, and so we won't be going anywhere.

Have a good evening. Here is Oliver in all his glory chewing on Mother's Hallmark doll I gave her for a laugh. I know without a doubt that she is cackling up there in heaven watching Oliver toss the doll all over the living room. He knows who is alpha male!

No comments: