Saturday, March 21, 2009

Makin' more gifts in the Honeysuckle


One more birthday gift down! Been working today on a journal/notebook made out of miscellaneous papers and a grocery box - this one is Mrs. Smith's Peach Cobbler. Yum. and it was.... The inspiration today came from my most recent copy of the Creative Impulse newsletter which featured Alice in Wonderland! Check out here to see the
Alice in Wonderland Collage Pack I had to order! I already have the stamps! The Alice in Wonderland Mini-Journal is too cute, yes, too cute.


I started by using gesso on the inside cover of the boxes that were cut down to 6"x4". I had old calendar paper already cut to this size. Seems it takes me about three calendars in the first two months of the year to finally figure out what I want to use. In the meantime I have all this Franklin Covey calendar pages left over. These are 2007. But hey, for a little notebook to write your grocery list in - who cares.

After I gessoed the page I began to add some pages of an old book. Claudine Hellmuth had a tutorial on her blog about thinning down her paint (which is velvet smooth) and so I used her multi-medium matte and altered orange Studio acrylic. Looks peachy too me. I did finish this page with a pocket and stamped Alice on top.




Then I started stamping and adding ephemera to the pages. I love this part of the journey! I love this photo transparency sticker which I picked up from Beth when she was cleaning out her stash of stuff (SOS) which became my SOS. With this gift I started using items I have been hoarding - what a concept?! So instead of passing this over because I knew when I used it up there wasn't anymore - I relinquished it. Love the red crowns I added. And by the way - the theme of this little notebook is "You're the Queen for the Day!" So many pages have the mad queen from Alice and little crowns all over the pages. On the opposite side of this page is an ephemera page from 7 Gypsies. Too royal for words!


The journey through rubicoiling this notebook was easy this time around since I remembered to make sure I punched the pages all the same way. ha ha Trust me it is important and if you don't pages will not fit in your journal the way you envisioned. Obviously you can tell I have really screwed this up off and on!

I liked using bits and pieces left over from long ago projects! I had the red background page from my London scrapbook and the Mickey gal from five years ago and the round architectural disc from three weeks ago. Love it. So finally the final work was done and all the ribbons added. I am sure the birthday gal will enjoy this, she usually enjoys things I make. Now just to put in a bag and add a birthday card, some tea, and candle, and we are done.



Time now to go play a little wii tennis and then start to work on another something or other!

No comments: