Wednesday, March 11, 2009

PaperWhimsy 2009 Quote Challenge # 1


For your information, I started the PaperWhimsy 2009 Quotes Challenge one quote late. The first quote you viewed was the second one (March 1) they did. So here is the February 14 poem. As I said in the last post, I like this poet and am growing more fond of her. I had never heard of Hilda Conkling and now want to find out more about her.

For February the poem was "The Key to My Mind." For those who know me well, you know my mind is a dangerous place to be. Not much more to say when you view the pieces I create.



A little stone door to my mind. . .

Happiness... purity... strangeness


Yup, that is me - well, kind of.... For the poem page I cut half of the door and placed one of my Paper Whimsy purchased products. Love her with the fish swimmin' along which you can't see really well in this photo.




I did stamp for this one - one of my favorite B Line stamps. I call them the girls and they fit well on this page. Once again I printed onto a dictionary page and used half of the house on the left hand side. The doorway image is a PaperWhimsey image. I pieced together the "hair" from a "pod flower" that was supplied.


For this challenge you had to use a door, a key, a flower (girls hair), a fish, a word or phrase from the poem, and one other purchased PaperWhimsy image. I added the stamped girls, the key hole, and the strangest piece of rock I have. I am not even sure where I found this. It is precious to me and so I figured I could use it on this art work.


Enjoy -- I certainly did. I am now anxiously awaiting the next poem and collage sheet that will be ready on Sunday, March 15.

2 comments:

Linda Vincent said...

Fabulous work Marlynn! That looks like an amazing fossil you have there.....
Linda x

Unknown said...

Very nice, I like challenges where everyone uses the same pieces...it's so interesting to see the very different work that immerges.