Monday, March 2, 2009

It was a fun day. . . this playing hookey. . .


All I have done today is create, create, and create. Yes, I will post one more time - three's a charm? So besides cleaning my car, I worked once again on the two ATC cards I mentioned yesterday. Like I mentioned before I would be adding to the "Road Trip" a Miami, Oklahoma comment. I did, "Greetings from Miami, Oklahoma (pronounced Miama.... not to be confused with Miami - trust me you would not confuse the two.) Yes, we do have one bathing beauty turning blue, after all there is snow on the ground! OR, she has a creeping tattoo. You know those Okie girls.

On the "I'm becoming my mother" I added a sewing element. I love to sew these days. God bless my sewing muse, Joni! Stop by her Etsy shop and tell her I said "Hi!" Is this one done - who knows.



On the arch accordion booklet, I finished the husband page. I used one of my digital art pages purchased from Paper Whimsy as the background. You will note it is the "pink" version of the curtained window/ doorway that was also used on my Gorey calendar for the month of March. I then found a "business" card from an artist I had purchased ephemera from: Jeanette Janson's Etsy Shop. Her web site is beautiful. Her Etsy shop great and this time I have used what I purchase from her instead of hoarding. Her business card is so cute as you will see the face peeking out of the lens. That one card sparked my imagination and that was it.



I then replaced the perfume bottle by the Magnificent Maven of Society with the poison bottle. This is a stamp I use a lot and is created by Michele Charles. I swear that girl is quirkier than me.... She has a number of "murder" stamps at her MC Studio Works. She has one cool quote in a stamp with a Jack the Ripper looking guy: "one should never do anything one cannot talk about after dinner." From this photo it looks like the bird has landed - yes, on her hat - but that is deceptive. The bird did not make a nest in the hat.

I canceled tennis tonight since I don't want to get my car out of the perfect parking spot I finally found this afternoon because it will not be there when I return and I don't necessarily want to plow threw the snow. We did get more than they called for. It was beautiful and provided a surprise day off.

1 comment:

~*~Patty S said...

You certainly made the most of your snow day! Love what you've posted, your house/arch shaped spread is marvelous! Jeanette Janson IS such a talented gal! I got some wonderful frozen charlotte dolls from her that I have yet to do anything with....so far I just like holding them...