Tuesday, March 24, 2009

PaperWhimsy Quote Challenge # 3


I love these quote challenges from PaperWhimsy - I really do. The third challenge is a poem titled, "Wishes," it begins with:

"I want three things;
They are three wishes
Bright and Happy
You cannot know my dreams,
The wishes that stay in my heart...
I want three things
Unknown to anyone!. . ."
Hilda Conkling


In this challenge we worked with a sepia and pink background. The graphics, as usual, of high quality. We had to use a secret pocket, a heart, the number 3, a flower, a 3-D element, the words of the poem, a PaperWhimsy (PW) image that was purchased from the Shoppe, and your three wishes. I was so excited the end of last week and beginning this week when my orders from PW arrived - I did my snoopy dance and drooled. OK, I'm over 60 - I can drool if I want too. This layout just happened so fast it was scary.


If you have read this blog, you know I worked on two different projects this past weekend. I decided late Sunday afternoon to take my illustrated quote challenge images downstairs to cut out and *BAM* bat boys and girls it came together so fast that I ran back upstairs and laid it out and it was done. Yes, I had gathered and printed out the images on different papers - I am lovin' this dictionary printing which I have used on the last two so it is becoming a theme in this quotes. I have a beautiful metal heart pin which I took the pin clasp off the back to make it flat and it fit perfectly over the printed heart from PW. I added skeletal leaves (which I use to add to everything!) on both the poem side on the left and the collaged work on the right.


I wrote my three wishes on the pack of one of the numeral threes in the pocket. The beautiful image I purchased is one of my favorites and I couldn't wait for her to show up on my door step. I cut her out and added some rhinestones to her crown. I hope you enjoy my little work of art as much as I did in just going through the creative process.



5 comments:

jgr said...

These pages are beautiful! So rich and soft.

-J

Linda Vincent said...

You've done a fabulous job - I can't wait to get started on mine. That collage sheet you chose is stunning...I wish I'd seen it when I put my order in at PW.
Linda :-)

Linda Vincent said...

PS You made my mum's day!!

Anonymous said...

Hey...Janella from PW. Love your website! Came over to see you after that post about the dictionary page/printing thing-y! Great idea. And getting you order from PW...it's the best! Glad to have you on the Forum and I really admire your art!
janellabella.blogspot.com

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Oh this is really lovely Marlynn! I am in a holding pattern waiting for some new collage sheets! Yup, that's my story and I'm stickin to it :)