Thursday, March 4, 2010

Some Days It Pays to go to Work..... Oh yes!

The day in the Honeysuckle Breeze started as any other. Woke up, brushed teeth, made coffee, watched news, got dressed, ate breakfast, left for work. Just like any other day? OH no...... not just any other day.

Look what I found waiting for me at the office. A boy toy! or is it a toy boy? Not sure, but I'm gonna keep him. He may become my new assistant and move whats-her-name, Gertrude, out of the way. OK, I know Gertrude does not look amused but she never looks amused.....

Yes, I am fickle. But he is mine. I spotted him first. I put my hands on him first. OK, none of the others would even walk near him. Excuse me. Like you can't make this stuff up, can you?

OK, I was hummin' "My Guy" "My Guy" "thinkin' bout my guy" all day long trying to figure out how to put little wheels on his feet so he can roll around the office. Life is good, don't you think?

And, when I got home tonight I had two fun envelopes. I showed you what I won over at Elizabeth's blog yesterday. WELL, over at PaperWhimsy I won the February ATC Lottery so little ATCs with the theme Fairies in the Garden are headed my way. I made this ATC for the February ATC Lottery:


Today, I received Linda's ATC from Pennsylvania. Pretty little fairy:


And from Jan in Colorado, this beauty:


Can't wait for the mail tomorrow.... OK, back to reality.... I need to unpack my supplies from last weekend's workshop and start to work on my March PaperWhimsy ATC - I chose the theme since I was the winner. We will be celebrating shamrocks and St. Paddy's day. See ya later! Have a good evening while I keep hummin' "my guy, my guy...."


8 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Congrats on winning yet ANOTHER TIME. And what was it you said about hardly ever winning anything? See, you can't make this up, either.

However, I keep looking at your "guy" and every time I look, I swear the soldier looks like a woman. Sure doesn't look like a guy to me! What can I say? I must be looking through a computer monitor and not rose tinted glasses.

Diane said...

I love your guy, and he looks like he doesn't talk back much either! Those cards are great --are you lucky at winning or what?

Terri said...

Wheels on the boy toy! What an idea!!!
You are really on a lucky streak. Good for you.
I sent your ATC today and added some bits and bobs to the mix. Hopefully you will get it by Saturday.
Whew, I am up too late (12:05am), time for me to get to my bed!
Goodnight

Annette said...

You live a very interesting life, cuz.

Debby said...

Ah!!! The BOY TOY...what a nut, he is looking good, you crack me up. Glad to see your yummy mail is arriving, great cards.
Debby

my word verification for this post is lapimims..hmmmm..wonder what the heck that means..lol..

Julie Prichard said...

OMG LOL!!!

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

"Nothing you can do can tear me away from" ... hm hm hm
Now WHO knew you needed a boy toy like that! I can only imagine how he will be celebrating upcoming holidays!!!
AND fab art mail too!!!
just splendid!

"as a matter of opinion I think he's tops" hm hm hm
oxo
song now firmly imbedded in my head, thank you very much ;)

Terri said...

Hey Marlynn, you must be super busy this weekend....I haven't seen you.
I hope you are doing well and having a good day.
Hugs to you,
Terri