Thursday, March 11, 2010

M = Marie's Folly in the Breeze

Yes, one more down - 7 to go. Tonight I literally tore up a note pad to get at the Marie Antoinette image. She was shiny and glittery - my kind art! LOL

How could I pass her up? Took a playing card, covered it with sheet music, sewed on a lime green ribbon, added a "gold" crown. Attached Marie with Tacky Glue. Attached white lace. Added "Marie's folly" and then positioned the "cup cake" after adding some Stickles to glitter it up.

Last item to go on was the Heart - bought with a pink heart valentine cluster at Michaels. Yes, on sale after Valentine's day! Used the wire cutters and cut it off and used the tacky glue to place it over Marie's head.

Over all - quick and to the point. Once again, this Alphabet ATC project just kind of happens without much thought. I am loving it. When life gives you lemons -- do as Marie would do, just make lemon cake.....

On second thought, maybe not, seems her lemon cake came with a price...... her head. Hmmmm, let them eat cake? Why not. You go girl. Dance the night away .... Your fate will catch up with you soon enough.



6 comments:

Terri said...

HI Marlynn!
I clicked on this ATC so I could see it close up and it is gorgeous! She is all sparkly and the layers are fab. The stitching and lace at the bottom are great embellishments!

Wow! Only 7 more? Yahoo for you!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I so love your creativity and layering. You pack so much into one small card. When you finish, I may have to make a set, too. Of course mine will never have as much bling, layering, or sparkling treats as yours. Way to go!

Diane said...

I agree with these two ladies--I just love the layering--this project must have been so fun, and prabably made you more observant with words and the alphabet.

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Love how much wonderful and fun you are able to pack onto an ATC!
Marvelous Marie!!!
oxo

Unknown said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this ATC! It is so EXCESSIVE!

Diane said...

Marlynn, I have an award for you--come on over to my blog!