Saturday, March 13, 2010

An Award for the Honeysuckle Breeze Blog

Diane over at My Art Journal blog gave me an award!! Thank you, Diane, thank you! There are rules associated with this award. You have to:

1. Thank the person who gave you the award.
2. Copy the logo and place it in your blog.
3. Link the person who nominated you.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that no one would really know.
5. Nominate seven "Kreativ Bloggers"
6. Post links to the seven blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know you nominated them.

Hmmm, this one is kind of hard since I have told you more than you ever wanted to know about me during my birthday week. I really didn't leave much out. So let's give it a try:

1. The first play I ever did was when I was six years old and played Little Red Riding Hood.
2. I took piano lessons when I was 6 years old and the 10 years old.
3. My college degree is in sociology with a minor in political science.
4. I worked for the Oklahoma Arts @ Humanities Council for eight years before moving to Northern Virginia.
5. I acted in plays in the area theatres during the late 80s and into the middle 90s. I then had to concentrate on going back forth between Virginia and Oklahoma three times a year to see my parents who were in a nursing home.
6. I love horror movies, ghost hunters, paranormal, and twilight zone TV shows and stories. Am especially liking the new BBC show, Survivors, love medical disasters!
7. I am obsessed about finding the perfect calendar. I must go through at least five every year. I rip out the calendar pages and use in notebooks I make, at least they don't go to waste! LOL

Here are the seven blogs I am nominating for this award. All seven are FABULOUS ones. I did not select others because I know they already have this award.....

1. Korie at We Will Always Have Paris
2. Debby at The Gathering Nest
3. Terri at Artful Affirmations
4. Lovey at Fabric Photo Memories
5. Linda at Lindart's Art
6. Nathalie at An Artist Legacy
7. Larcy at It's All About the Little White Dog

I want to again thank Diane for this award. It does make my heart sing and dance. I have been cleaning today and getting papers organized for my taxes. I have worked on one "gift wrapping" that has an assortment of tea in it and will be placed in the mail next week:

A few close-ups - once again I layered and stamped and used left over stuff from the previous creations this week.... my usual tactic and profile.....




Besides tea I added some tickets. I love these stamps:


Had bought these tickets at least three years ago and am slowly using them up.



Stamped on the back:

Am getting ready to go downstairs and locate some ATCs I received in the mail and have tea and cookies on this rainy windy day in the Northern Virginia area..... I might be back later on. My next project is working on a very BORING calendar I bought. See # 7 above about my obsession concerning calendars. I know this one will work and we are only in to March and this is calendar # 2 or is it # 3..... not sure. But I am gonna have fun with the leather binder....


6 comments:

Terri said...

Marlynn, Thank you for the blog award! You sweetie!
I will post soon about it and think about who to pass it on to. I am going to go visit your other winners as well.
Your wrapping is very creative! You really do know how to put things together!

Debby said...

Well thank you sweetie for the nice award. I am thrilled. I also love your gift wrapping, very original and so cool.
Hugs,
debby

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Congratulations on your award. I got one from Diane, too. Isn't she a sweetie? I can't wait to make the rounds of these various bloggers. I' sure there are several I've never seen before.

Martha's Favorites said...

You do such beautiful work. I just love to come by and peek. Thank you for sharing with us. Blessings, Martha

Unknown said...

I FINALLY remembered to come around to collect my award. :) Thank you for nominating me. :D *blush* Your tea package is SO wonderful. Gives me ideas for packing mine (I still haven't mailed!)

Unknown said...

Marlynn, I could just SMACK you! I just commented on this lovely tea filled envelope and thought, "lucky duck whoever is getting it" and then it shows up in MY mailbox TODAY!!!!

In my earlier post it sounds like I has alrady gotten it-- I was CLUELESS at the time (only this morning...)

THANK YOU!!!! I adore the envelope AND its contents!