Thursday, March 18, 2010

Oopps, Disappearing among the Honeysuckles


I know - I did disappear on you and I have a good reason. I really do. I have been getting ready for a business trip next week and have been gathering papers, figuring out clothes to take, grabbing books, locating my little travel journal and on and on. Yes, I located the little journal I take on every trip. For some of those of you who are new to this blog here are some sample pages in the book .... let's start with New York City - I try to make a note of the place I stayed with an address, a list of fun places I visited....


New York City - second page - Note that the Ink Pad is a really great stamp store to visit in NYC - not only stamps, but wonderful items...... all waiting for you to take home... also got to take in Tinsel Trading Company featured in Where Women Create premier issue....

A page from my San Antonio trip - love that city ever since I was 10 years old.... love it!
This one - Madison Wisconsin - Fly the Friendly Sky....

While I am out of touch, you will be hearing from Harley - my little red dog companion. I will introduce you to him tomorrow or Saturday and, trust me, you will love the little guy just like I do. He is a world-wide traveler and dispenses advice no matter if you want it or not. Somethings I just stuff him into my purse and zip it shut so he will shut up....... He does protest and let's me know. I need to run and give Oliver a pedicure.... before i run away.... OH boy, Harley and the little white pup - what more can a girl ask for?


8 comments:

Terri said...

Your journal pages are fab! You are so good at that!
And what a great way to remind yourself of what you did.
I hope that you have a very good trip, and find something really interesting.

Julie Prichard said...

Marlynn- please move to San Diego.
Thank you.

Diane said...

Oooh, so where are you going this time? We might, and that's a big might, be going to New York in June (my son lives in Manhatten) Is that where the stamp store is? If it is, you'll have to tell me where. We really are hoping to go.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your travel journal is wonderful. What a fun way to remember trips. And the ephemera (free for the taking) you pick up along the way is always special. Have a safe and memory filled trip, dear. Will Harley be staying behind with Oliver, or joining you? Guess I'll have to wait to find out.

Unknown said...

Your travel journal looks perfect! You find some great materials on your travels. Madison looks downright exotic. :)

Have a great trip and I look forward to your red dog posts.
:)

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

super journal pages and now there will be more to come!

enjoy enjoy your trip west!!!

we'll all be awaiting your return!
oxo

Debby said...

I love your journal pages! And Harley looks like he will be a blast. Have a great trip and tell Harley to keep us posted. Does Oliver know that you are taking Harley?
Hugs,
Debby

Lovey said...

Cute and funny at the same time...oh my!