Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Queen across the Pond

A fun part of the trip to London was, of course, Buckingham Palace. Wow... OMG.... would you like to call it home? Doesn't look too homey but it is a really big building. The gates are spectacular. Before arriving at the palace one passes Churches. They are old and inspiring. On the two page spread of this church, I used a page out of an old English prayer book along with an overlay transparency of white swirls. This is St. Bride's Church and is known as the Journalists Church. It is in the same area as the post from yesterday showing Fleet Street images. The first photo in the post yesterday shows the "Fleet Street Griffin" signifying the entrance to the City of London. You have to admit that the gold bird and the Griffin are such mythical figures. As a matter of fact, I do prefer the old English spelling of the griffin: "or gryphon n. A fabulous beast with the head and wings of an eagle and the body of a lion." I'm starting to notice how much the English loves their birds! The Gryphons; the Gold Birds, the Ravens at the Tower of London. One of my favorite movies is the Hitchcock "The Birds." OK, I will let this rest for now. However, it is October and Halloween is coming.

For one of the "Palace" spreads below, I used the massive front gates of Buckingham and decorated the vertical spread with rub-ons and several clip art images of an antique car and the Queen in her younger days. The Queen is on the outside of the photo sleeves. Love the Basic Grey paper with swirls.


Once again - the GATES. These surrounding gates are strategically placed outside Buckingham. Besides using one of my favorite B-line stamps of the charming girls, I also sewed on the page and gathered stamp images along with some alpha stickers.


And finally, a gorgeous statue outside Buckingham. The rub-on of the Fairy was from one of my favorite stores - no longer around - Recollections. Damn you Michaels - your new owners, the first of this year, closed its successful step-child. Obviously, I have a little bit of a "rage" issue here. Oh well, Recollections, I so loved you. I also need to do a SHOUT-OUT to my BFF Korie (no Larcy you really are my Bestest BFF) who posted the most incredible clip art of a piece of music - Witches Dance. Go to her web site, We Will Always Have Paris, to check it out and download! Yes Korie, I love you for doing that - can't wait to use the images in something, maybe even for Korie.

No comments: