Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Big Pond is calling - The Fleet Street Area


When headed to London, with my friends Betsy and Ron, we wanted to do a "kind of" DaVinci Code tour and there were several places I wanted to specifically visit including the Temple Church. This church was in the Fleet Street area. . . . which in my mind screamed JACK the RIPPER.

Well, now Fleet Street houses many lawyers - it looks expensive and beautiful. The vertical spread to the left of a busy street in the area was a photo printed on regular photo paper and then reprinted a second time on a transparency which was mounted behind the photo to elongate the look. Also used the sewing machine to sew a piece of pattern paper to the two 4 x 6 Basic Grey paper. I then utilized several "clock" stamps to indicate the passing of time since I highlighted Jack the Ripper on the facing page.
I searched for information on Jack's excursions into the Fleet Street area and printed information onto velum. I then stamped appropriate stamps and used a "Jack" quote from the fake diary discovered years ago... oh well, would that not have been GREAT to find Jack's own words on why he slaughtered the working women of the night?

However, the jewel in the crown in this area is hidden and goes by the name of the Temple church. Unfortunately the church was not opened on the day we were there. Too bad. I so wanted to see inside this round church where (maybe, huh?) knights are entombed..... Enjoy walking around this church and getting the feel of the area. Mysterious to say the least with the Knights overlooking..... I will get inside someday! How about next trip ; )



No comments: