Saturday, October 25, 2008

How Long does it take Paint to Dry????




Obviously too long for my disposition..... I have finally finished by 3rd Marie Antoinette book. And yes, chaos is all around the "studio" which will soon be turned into a guest room for my nephew to sleep in at Thanksgiving. (I am starting to feel some stress here - I can't even see the bed where he is suppose to sleep. It is piled high with STUFFFFF.) The Marie booklet is going to be submitted to Stampington and must be in their hands by November 15. Seems I have been working on this project forever. Sometimes it just takes a little time between pages to get more inspired. I am very pleased with this project and feel good about it - positive - and know that I have done my best in creating it -- this one got a piece of my soul in it. Not all my projects do, sad to say. I can't show you the finished product but will show you a little bit and piece here and there. Here is a peek-a-boo look:

Yes you are seeing Marie's little face through the plastic bag. I stamped her onto acetate and then applied her to the cover. I used a daisyd file folder keeper to make this one in. I decided to hold it all together with book binding clips and of course could not deal with the start silver and so pulled out my alcohol inks to change the color. That was cool and came out okie dokie.

I am calling this piece of art work, "Qu'ils mangent de la brioche" -- translated means, "let them eat cake." Although Marie did not say this, it has stuck to her like glue, so to speak. I'm not sure my opinion of Marie. I do not idolize her, thinking she was probably a poor little rich girl. History tells us they (she and her husband) were not attuned to the terrible conditions facing the citizens in Paris. They were starving while lavish parties were being held in the palace. In the end, however, we probably saw her real soul. She was locked up along with her two small children, her husband dead, the powers that be would not let her see her son, she could only hear him cry.
It is reported that she said, "Courage! I have shown it for years; think you I shall lose it at the moment when my sufferings are to end." She then approached the guillotine and lost her head. Her body and head were thrown in an open grave. They claim they found her bones and that of her husband and they are now interred in the Cathedral of Saint Denis near Paris. Are they her bones? Who knows....... makes a good story.

I can't believe that October is almost over. It is one of my most favorite months. The image to the right is part of a calendar I made several years ago. I need to replace the "calendar" page with 2009 so I can use it for next year. It was one of those "Thanks but No Thanks" pieces.

I am a little depressed that I won't be in town for Halloween. I will be in Madison, WI, for work. I am tempted to call the hotel to see if they have the Sci-Fi Channel on their listing of tely stations shown in the hotel rooms. My guys - Ghost Hunters (or busters sometimes) - are doing a LIVE show for seven hours. OH NO.... hmmmmmm. I am having positive thoughts - they will have the Sci-Fi channel and I will be able to sit in my hotel room watching my Rotor Rooter boys hunt ghosts! Haven't decided if I should take a Halloween costume to Madison or not? Could be a Vampire Bride that would travel nicely in the luggage. Wonder how much I love my job? How much I love tennis? Hmmmmmm. Decisions, Decisions...... will think on this one!

No comments: