Sunday, October 26, 2008

On a Roll in Honeysuckle Breeze......



Yesterday, as you can see -- I made it to Samantha's violin concert!
AND I did get laundry done, grocery shopping done, and then ran to the office to hear Samantha performing in her violin concert. Samantha is a very special young lady. I love her dearly! I have known her since she was a tiny little peapod. She is absolutely so photogenic and is a joy to scrapbook and to be around. Last year I made a scrapbook for Sami since I had collected enough photos and hunted down others in order to make her a heritage book. I think it is very important for children (and all of us) to have a sense of heritage. With all of the pinks it is a little hard to see Sami's name on the front of this book. When you are holding it, you do see it!

We were lucky enough to have photos (on her father's side) of both her great grandmothers, her grandmother, her grandfather, and her parents. So the posts for today and tomorrow will be all about the "Samantha" book. After that you might miss me since I will be elsewhere.... skipping Halloween in Madison, hoping beyond hope that the hotel has the Sci-Fi channel. OK, I know I'm whining again.



Putting the cover of her album was fun while looking for some outrageous pink stuff. My favorite now defunct store, Recollections, had put the Bazzill zipper albums on sale - PINK and purple. The pink are so adorable and you did see, in an earlier post, that I used a pink zipper album for my own 60th birthday celebration (NOT Sami's, silly). (And, as a matter of fact, I did hers first then mine.) The pinks were really fun to work with as you can imagine. I did have to really "work" on using the pink papers since I don't usually work with those colors. I was pleased with the outcome.

One page I especially enjoyed working were the ones of Samantha, her mother, and grandmother at Disney, where they had their faces painted. Although the photo didn't really show how beautifully "limey" green the paper really is -- I just loved this paper since it matched the paint on their faces so well. (Lime green has always been a comfy color for me -- the wizard of oz, lime sherbet ice cream, creme de.... you get the idea - I love limes, I love lime green...ok I am rambling.) When I looked back through the album -- after being away from it for a while -- I realized that I was not using my sewing machine in my scrapbooking or other art work like I am now. Thankfully, I am comfortable enough with my machine to sew a lot on the pages I work on. Not sure what I would have done but it is fun to imagine. Next album! Hope your week goes well. Enjoy the Sami pages!

No comments: