Sunday, January 2, 2011

January 2, 2011


W O W - already the second day of the new year! Time is flying and if I don't get a quick post here - you might not see one for a week since I will be traveling on business later on this week. Yes, it will be a full week, which is good. I like those. Got a quick doctor's appt in prep for surgery on Jan. 12 and then will be getting ready for San Antonio, Texas, honeysuckle peeps. One of my favorite towns! Oh yes.

I fell in love with the Alamo when I was 8 years old and the love affair has continued. I have been lucky enough to travel there a number of times since my visit as a child and singing "Davy, D a v y Crockett, King of the Wild Frontier" - OK, I got my first coonskin hat at the Alamo!

So now that you know my schedule - let me give you a peek at two more pages in Salon des Cent:


Pages 7-8: (left side): Apply three quilt squares and glue stars onto fabric. Stamp mermaid (Cats Life Press). Some of the images had been tinted using encaustic wax. Apply various words from old books. (right side):

Stamp quote (Cats Life Press) on paper and distress. Stamp “She” from quote used on Page 5 (The Queen’s Ink). Apply clip art.


And now the tag: stamp Dream Journal (Cats Life Press) on collage paper and distress. Stamp border (Stampers Anonymous). Stamp lips (AIP’sVIP’s). Add eyelet and ribbon.


And to close out this edition - I will share with you the "last photo of 2010" taken on 12-31 just before running off to the trainer to do "cardio" which I did my little peeps - for 45 minutes and then played two WII tennis double sets. Whewwwww, slept good that night. Happy New Year to all of you. Remember, may not get back to you till next week - but don't worry - I am just roaming around!

9 comments:

Janet Ghio said...

Have a good and safe trip to San Antonio. Thought that window looked familiar--used to live about an hour from there!

Terri said...

Your book pages look fabulous! I love the mermaid stamps.
How wonderful that you get to take a trip to a favorite spot! I hope that you have a really good time and feel renewed, even if it is for work.
I look forward to seeing a new post when you get back.
Hugs, and Happy New Year!
Terri

Julie Prichard said...

Happy trails, Marlynn! I've always wanted to see the Alamo..tell Harley to take some pictures.

~*~Patty S said...

Love your Alamo pics and of course some more peeks at your paper bag book...have you sent it back to Somerset yet ;)

You look marvelous darlink and amaze me at how active you are...you go girl!

Happy Healthy New Year to ya!
oxo
word verification: blesse :)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sorry I've been so busy I haven't even been on the computer. I hope you have a safe and fun trip. You and Harley have fun and if you take the rat, I'll laugh at whatever escapades he and Harley get into. Much love and New Year happiness to you, Harley, and the rat from Bleubeard, Wendy, and me. I'll sure miss your art and your humor while you're gone.

Lovey said...

Have a wonderful trip M. Love to you! BTW...you look beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Ohhh i am loving your new pages Marlynn, Happy new year my friend. I often wish i could see the Alamo too. My parents and brother visited it a few years back when my brother moved to Austin Texas from here in England. they came back enthralled with tales of it.
Now you have me humming the Davey Crockett theme too hehe
hugs June x

Unknown said...

Love what you're doing in your journal.
Thinking of you today!
:)

Hohenstein Stained Glass said...

Thank you for writing this post