Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Moonshine Glimmers Pale

Weeping Willow
"Till moonshine glimmers pale upon her heavy-branches and, bending, sweeps the tangled, fallen leaves into the fount of all her tears, hope and fears."


In the exchange I am participating in, "Six Players - Six Months," Duane finally received the creation I made for his theme of Trees.  I showed you little bits of it before it was sent but could not show you the total work until he received it and so here it is. I called it Weeping Willow after a poem I found on line by J. C. Hall. The image of the bare weeping willow is from a photograph I took in St. James Park in London on a cold and cloudy day in March.

I have used this photo in a number of pieces of art work I have created and especially like it on transparencies.

The clip art images are from a collection that Somerset Studio has and originally appeared in one of the magazines as a "pull out" and the rest, as they say, is history.

As I first began creating this piece I realized that my canvas was larger than my transparency - oh well, what in heaven's name if ribbon for I ask you? When in doubt, ribbon it!


Personally, I have always wondered why we think the willow is weeping. I know, I know, it is bent over BUT maybe it just lost something and is looking for it in the mossy earth? It is one of my favorite trees.

As far as I am concerned this party was a grand one and her stately branches sang in the wind....


And as I have said before -- Dance as if no one is watching because it doesn't really matter if they are or not. There are beautiful quotes on the "dance" and especially the song, "I hope you dance," which is a very moving one.....


Enjoy the evening. And below on the art work (which is for a "star" book) is the tag I included with it.  Dinner is cooking...... ice this morning but made it to work, rain tonight fingers crossed won't be bad.


Had several calls today from my surgeon and my radiologist. Will see the surgeon tomorrow for a follow-up and will meet with the radiologist next week to see when we will proceed. Things are coming together and Harley and I are grateful and happy for the blessings of God and the blessings of you, my friends.


OK, as usual, Harley has his mind elsewhere.... what can you say..... my life and times are pretty cool!

4 comments:

Terri said...

Hello Marlynn! I do hope you are having a very good day.
Your art work here is totally amazing. I love everything about it, even the ribbon, maybe even especially the ribbon!
Lol about the tree bending over to look for something!
Hugs to you,
Terri

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is gorgeous. I'm sure Duane LOVES this latest edition to his tree. When I first saw transparency, I thought something else. Now I see what you were talking about. I like your spin on the willow's name. You had me laughing. Of course I REaLLY laughed at Harley. I see he's mischievous as ever, especially without the RAT nearby to keep him in check!!

~*~Patty S said...

Harley really made me giggle in that pic!

Love your willow page...wonderful imagery...words and more!

Willows are a fav of mine too...so graceful and they usually bud with their tender green mid March around my Mom's birthday...they also are one of the last trees around to drop their leaves...we have a Dragonclaw Willow with nice snarly branches

Well you really got me going woman!

Lovely to know things are looking and feeling so good for you!
Really Wonderful and just as it should be!
oxo

Unknown said...

I love weeping willows, just aren't enough of 'em around anymore! Never thought of the bending over to look for something. Weeping can bring new life to your soul.