Monday, January 17, 2011

Waiting for Dinner to Cook

Almost back to normal, my honeysuckle peeps, almost. Will head back to work tomorrow. This surgery was a breeze compared to the first one. As mentioned in my post from the other day, she got it all! Hooray, hooray, hooray. While waiting in the OR waiting room I spied this contraction and tried to find my TV channels.


Yes, I was starving and kept trying to find Top Chef to no avail. But following surgery I did have my standby: Popeye's Chicken. And now back to our Salon des Cent Paper bag book. We are up to Pages 9 and 10. Here is the tag that was used with this page.... once again one of my all time favorite stamps from The Queen's Ink and a rub-on from Recollections line that Michael's use to have.

Page 9 had an aquarium photo transparency and on top I used a stamp from Stampington & Co. called "Angel & Swan." It was colored with pencils and encaustic wax. Applied a computer generated verse for the "Shepherd of the Blue Infinity."



Page 10 was very simple. Sometimes simple is the best. This piece is literally just a collage paper from the Lynne Perrella Somerset Artist Papers with a few "pearls" from the sea added for dimension.


And on that note, boys and girls, let us all put on our dancing shoes for a happy dance! Yes, we are gonna dance as if nobody is a watchin' us! Go for my Snoopys! Go for it!  See you later. I am going to try to load my posts to Facebook on here. One thing I have learned is that when one starts to post on Facebook, posts on their blogs begin to number less.  Yes, I am also proof of this urban legend!  So let's see if I can keep you all updated on my actives via Facebook. Hugs to all.....



9 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

YAH!! I'm dancing and I don't care WHO is looking. I'm thrilled for you, dear friend. And it sounds like this one was a breeze, too. Well, compared to the last one, at least.

I'm a blogger, Marlynn. I don't use facebook. Too much face and not enough book for me. So, I'll continue to catch you here. Hope you continue to post on your blog.

Oh, I almost forgot. These are some of my favorite pages so far. I love the encaustic wax page and the "simple" page with pearls didn't look simple to me. It looked STUNNING.

Terri said...

What a good thing to hear! I am so glad this surgery was easier to go through! Yea!!!!!!!!!

I do love these pages, especially the blue one with the girl dancing. Just lovely!

I am not on facebook. But I do love coming to see you here.
Hugs,
Terri
p.s. hope you got my box and that it was good for you : )

Janet Ghio said...

i have a facebook page, but rarely go to facebook--so keep on posting here!! Love that dancing girl!!

Diane said...

It's so good to hear that all is well and you're back to doing what you do best--beautiful pages.

Anonymous said...

Glad all is ok and WOW thats some gorgeous artwork too. The blue one is stunning !!
have a beautiful and bright day
hugs June

~*~Patty S said...

such lovely eye candy Ms M!!! the blues really speak to me!

Love how you've colored the angel and swan stamp...I have that one too ;)

it really is great to hear you sounding so chipper
here's me dancing with you
woot woot for your happy news!

I have never gone on Facebook (I would NEVER leave this chair if I start that too!)...so I will never see you there...but will hope that you continue here at the Honeysuckles!
oxo

Lovey said...

Yeah!!! Splendid! Excellent! Amen!! Popeye's wow! Love you!

Julie Prichard said...

I'm late again..but popping in to say HOORAY!! Clean margins...thank god.

xoxo

Parker Packing Service said...

Appreciate you bloggingg this