Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Soul Paintings

Two more pages this evening from the Salon des Cent paper bag book and this time we will start with the tag which uses one of my favorite stamps, "Soul paintings," from Limited Edition.


The "Soul paintings:" was stamped on a transparency and then rub-on butterfly wings were applied. The background paper is once again from the Lynnne Perrella Somerset Artist Papers from Stampington and Company. Yes, her collection is one of the best in the line of papers.

The next two pages are what I call "simple" ones.


Paint on the brown paper bag, grab a transparency, stamp quote and add two blue star eyelets. Easy Peasy!



This stamp is in a collection from Stampin' Up called sketches (i think!). At one point I had stamped a number of this one image onto watercolor paper, watercolored them, and set them aside. When working on this book, I found them and used the image....  if you remember when we started this book, this challenge was to use all of your left over things - nothing was bought to go into this creation - all items were just sitting around ready to be plucked.

We have two more pages and one tag left in this book and will try to share them with you tomorrow.


I did see my surgeon today who did the operation last Wednesday and she let me go and it will be three months before I come back to see her.  Whoop! Have a great evening, I am sitting here watching the Australia Open waiting for Ghost Hunters International.

6 comments:

Lovey said...

Love this piece! So glad that you are here and doing well! 3 months before you have to see the surgeon again is the best news! You are a trooper, and inspiration to me! Thank you for your encouraging words! So glad to have my Marlynn!!

Janet Ghio said...

I'm going to check out those Lynne Perella papers. Nice work on this little book!!

Terri said...

Marlynn, your book is so fab. I would love to do one like it too where you only use what you have at hand. You have done a super creative job on yours.
I hope you had a great day and that tomorrow is even better : )
Hugs,
Terri

~*~Patty S said...

more super pages M...using what is at hand certainly works nicely for you

Love the blues...always!

three months!
that IS marvelous!
oxo

Diane said...

Beautiful work as always Marlynn, and such good news!!

Dianne said...

Using up leftovers...good idea. something I should try since my stash is overflowing...beautiful little book! sometimes the 'simple' pages are some of the better ones...! so glad to hear surgery went well and you are getting stronger!