Thursday, January 27, 2011

Where the Wild Rust

Yes, where the wild rust .... Today I have a snow day - so declared by me! Late yesterday afternoon into the night we accumulated 8" of very wet and heavy snow. Many cars have been abandoned on the highways and the horror stories out there on  anywhere from 3 to 8 hour drives to get home.

At the office -- today no Internet, power down at the provider's office. Trees down on roads, one lane roads and it is just not worth it. So hello, Annual Leave, that is why I have you! At the beginning of the storm we had rain, thunder, hail, thunder, sleet, thunder, and then the snow started falling at 3:30 pm.


Interesting comments on Tuesday's post on an artist's slump! Thank you. I know we all go through it and it is different than a block. But, we also take it one day at a time and manage to work it out.

Now back to the topic at hand:  Where the Wild Rust Grows.  Today I have planted a rust garden and am tending to it with tender loving care. As you know from an earlier post, I am working on the creation of some rust-themed swap pages.  To-Do List:  Research  Rust. Check it off - found my stand-by book:


If you don't have this book, I would highly recommend it. Amazon has it and it is worth the dollars.  Find it by clicking on the name of the book here:  Collage Discovery Workshop. Yes - found chapter on Rust!


So this morning, off I went to plant my rust garden on my patio. . .


All it needs is the secret formula found in Claudine's book:


Rusting........ and now to play with images that were cut out last night while watching the Australian Open.


Hi-Ho, Hi-Ho, its off to check my rust garden to see if there is any progress - I know, I know, a "watched pot" does not boil - but we are talking rust, boys and girls.....Later on today will make homemade minestrone soup with toasted garlic bread!


Off to play with rust! smooches and hugs to my peeps, stay warm today!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Bleach and vinegar? A toxic bath for sure! Now I know why it's on your back porch! heehee! Can't wait to see your results!

That soup looks yumm-o! AND garlic toast? You KNOW how to have a snow day!

Anonymous said...

I'll be over for soup later!
Please don't mistake the rusty pot for the soup pot, tho!

Glad you're back in action! You look FAB!

Snow? We're dry as a bone still. Makes me shudder to think what Spring will be like here!

Hugs,
Jan

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a TEASE you are!!! I have that book and didn't even remember that technique. Guess I wasn't into rust when I got it. And please include me when having soup. I haven't eaten a good meal in a week!

So glad to know you are safe, too. I was very worried when I saw the weather report coming out of your zip code today. And like I told Patty, I've never heard of snow and thunder before. How unusual.

forcryeye said...

I wish I could be there to share a cup o soup and some rusting! :) Enjoy the snow day! We are getting a couple of inches today, but it is nothing to a former Minnesotan!

Terri said...

Wow, I did not know you all had such storm! We just had ice this morning.
Your rust garden sounds fab!
I can't wait to see how it all goes.
Enjoy your day : )
Hugs,
Terri

Janet Ghio said...

Enjoy your snow day!! And happy rusting!!

~*~Patty S said...

glad you made your rusty soup outside! what fun that is!

your other soup and garlic toast sound YUM!

that is my fav of Claudine's books...full of great techniques!

so glad you got some time to play!
oxo